NGD: Burst

What's Hot
RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3113
edited July 2021 in Guitar tFB Trader
My absolute favourite Burst has a Rift Sawn maple top (hence Rift Amps). The grain isn’t perfectly straight like quarter sawn, it’s wavy and curly, and the flame isn’t picture perfect either. It’s all over the place and disappears in parts and pops up again elsewhere. The beauty of that wood is the imperfection itself.

I’ve wanted to commission a Burst build for a long time, but had to find someone with not just a Rift Sawn maple cap, but the RIGHT one at that.

Phoned a few friends, spoke to a couple of luthiers, and eventually found the name of a local guy whos reputation is not only excellent, but had some old stock Rift Sawn tops that he’d not yet found a use for. His name is Anthony Ryder and I called him up, turned out he lives 5 doors up from the workshop! A few cups of tea later and we’d hammered out the spec and agreed on the price - which by the way was 1/3 of the quote I got from Gibson Custom Shop.

I wanted the finish to be similar to the Brock Burst, in that there’s no obviously colour banding and the mainly reds and oranges blend into each other. The pickups are Monty’s PAFs which are unfathomably good, and all of the wood used is old stock including the Brazilian Rosewood fretboard.

6ish months later, it’s ready.

I’m calling it the Rift Burst because, well, I can, and it’ll be used on all future demo vids that we do.

I’m a very happy chap

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
Rift Amplification
Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
Brackley, Northamptonshire
www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 36reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments