Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    Nikko said:
    Continuing amp talk in this thread at @Bridgehouse request...

My Katana 50 has the up-to-date firmware, and I've tinkered with tone studio a fair bit.

I'm mostly looking at drawing the line between where the tone is out and it needs adjusting and the tone is out because of my lousy playing! :)

Do you use any pedals with yours?

I only ask as ill probably be bringing my Zoom G3XN on the day. I use it in front of my Katana on the clean channel. It seems to be a pretty good pedal platform as far as I can tell. Id be happy to let you have a play if you wanted.

I have a Boss GT-8, but I'm thinking if I end up playing on two songs, I'll program some tones for those on Ch1 and Ch2 on my amp, Plug In Baby for example is some fuzzy distortion and a bit of modulation, which the Katana can do.

Will appreciate trying any kit that will help my playing, I don't know many people who are into guitars, actually, I don't know ANY, so being in a room with 29 others who are is something I'm really looking forward to! :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Continuing amp talk in this thread at @Bridgehouse request...@nikko ;@Legionreturns @Alnico ;

My Katana 50 has the up-to-date firmware, and I've tinkered with tone studio a fair bit.

I'm mostly looking at drawing the line between where the tone is out and it needs adjusting and the tone is out because of my lousy playing!
    Ta ;)
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Nikko said:

I'm mostly looking at drawing the line between where the tone is out and it needs adjusting and the tone is out because of my lousy playing! :)

I only ask as ill probably be bringing my Zoom G3XN on the day. I use it in front of my Katana on the clean channel. It seems to be a pretty good pedal platform as far as I can tell. Id be happy to let you have a play if you wanted.

I have a Boss GT-8, but I'm thinking if I end up playing on two songs, I'll program some tones for those on Ch1 and Ch2 on my amp, Plug In Baby for example is some fuzzy distortion and a bit of modulation, which the Katana can do.

Will appreciate trying any kit that will help my playing, I don't know many people who are into guitars, actually, I don't know ANY, so being in a room with 29 others who are is something I'm really looking forward to! :)

To be fair, there probably isn't a lot that the Zoom can do that the GT-8 cant :) (without actually looking into it fully).
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Nikko said:

I found that my digital fx processor didn't work very well with it (I had a Boss ME80) but regular pedals sound amazing. 

I run the 4 channels very differently so I've got loads of on board fx from the footswitch, but then I have Comp, Drive, Fuzz in front and a second delay, space chorus and a looper in the fx loop. This is why it took me a while to get everything dialed in. I ended up putting the virtual noisegate on some of the more driven channels using the footswitch and then worked out how to dial in the comp at the right time and on which channels. I've got things much more even now and have pretty much every tone I could ever want.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    Nikko said:
    Nikko said:

To be fair, there probably isn't a lot that the Zoom can do that the GT-8 cant :) (without actually looking into it fully).
    Quite probably, I bought the GT-8 rather casually when I was being a bit of an idiot about 12 years ago, it actually caused me to basically stop playing guitar for a decade, because "option paralysis" led to me sitting tinkering and not playing.

I dragged it out of the loft recently and managed to get it working but I'm thinking that what I need is to build up from guitar and amp, gradually, and delicately.  The GT-8 is more "check it out, you can program for hours, or here, use this random patch that sounds like one depeche mode song from the 80s" (disclaimer: depeche mode are excellent).
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    edited July 2017
    Nikko said:

I'm mostly looking at drawing the line between where the tone is out and it needs adjusting and the tone is out because of my lousy playing!

I found that my digital fx processor didn't work very well with it (I had a Boss ME80) but regular pedals sound amazing. 

I run the 4 channels very differently so I've got loads of on board fx from the footswitch, but then I have Comp, Drive, Fuzz in front and a second delay, space chorus and a looper in the fx loop. This is why it took me a while to get everything dialed in. I ended up putting the virtual noisegate on some of the more driven channels using the footswitch and then worked out how to dial in the comp at the right time and on which channels. I've got things much more even now and have pretty much every tone I could ever want.

Its possible that it could be my relatively untrained ears making me think it sounds good, who knows  

You are welcome to try the Zoom out to see how it compares to the ME80 you had.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Do I need to bring my amp, these days I'm using a Jet City JCA20HV with a Zilla cab, I could bring them along but it looks like we might be swimming in amps.

I'll bring my pedalboard so really I'll be happy just running any old amp clean and getting the rest from my board. I assume the studio will have amps there anyway (I've missed a few posts in these threads as it's all be moving so quickly!)

Really looking forward to the day.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Do I need to bring my amp, these days I'm using a Jet City JCA20HV with a Zilla cab, I could bring them along but it looks like we might be swimming in amps.

I'll bring my pedalboard so really I'll be happy just running any old amp clean and getting the rest from my board. I assume the studio will have amps there anyway (I've missed a few posts in these threads as it's all be moving so quickly!)

Really looking forward to the day.
    I think @digitalscream is bringing one of them?
    Not sure but there will be a lot of amps there, you don't *have* to.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this too.

It'll be my first live performance since the Jam Sessions in 2015!
    Health issues have been in my way ever since but this will be a great day for me to be around live music again and playing the last song with you and the others will be something VERY special for me.

Really looking forward to this, not just for my own reasons but mainly to see so many people all having a great time.
    What better way to use efforts than to make/see people you care about feeling great and enjoying themselves?

Brilliant.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    edited July 2017
    @Alnico - No, I'm bringing a JCA22H and JCA50H. The JCA20HV is an entirely different beast, and I'd imagine a few people will want to hear it!

I can leave any of mine in the car if we're short of space.
    <space for hire>
    @Alnico - No, I'm bringing a JCA22H and JCA50H. The JCA20HV is an entirely different beast, and I'd imagine a few people will want to hear it!

Ok, I'll bring the head at least but maybe leave the cab. 

Probably wise. For what it's worth, I'm only taking my Matrix NL212 cab because I think people will be interested to try it, given the lack of weight.
    <space for hire>

Cool,

I hadn't realised that.
    Nice one.

Probably wise. For what it's worth, I'm only taking my Matrix NL212 cab because I think people will be interested to try it, given the lack of weight.
    I'll be in the queue to try it for sure!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I can bring stuff if people would be interested in it but don't want to add to the clutter.
    I'll PM one of the bosses to be sure.
    ennspek said:
    I can bring stuff if people would be interested in it but don't want to add to the clutter.
    I'm sure some people might be interested in trying a Kraken... ;)
    <space for hire>
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    ennspek said:
    I'm sure some people might be interested in trying a Kraken... ;)
    If @ennspek brought the whole collection we wouldn't get in the room....
    ennspek said:
    Your redplate amp would be popular I think?

Also PLEASE bring the Metallica Master of Puppets LTD guitar !!!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Call me a blind old coot, but I'm only just noticing this event lol

Do I take it it's all booked up now? 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

Names are being put on a reserve list now @TimmyO ;
    TimmyO said:

It is fully booked up but there is a reserve list.
    I'll add you now.
    You're number 5 in the queue on the reserve list.