Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    @Alnico I've got some spare time if you want me to go through the thread and compilee a list? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Alnico I've got some spare time if you want me to go through the thread and compilee a list? 
    I'll be brutally honest and say if you do have the time that would be an immense help right now, my head is about to cave in right now today and it will be days before I can either find the list I kept or do that by going back through it all.

If you can and you don't mind that would be an immense help.

Thank you in advance.
  • KickTheHabitKickTheHabit Frets: 93
    edited July 2017
    @Bridgehouse - Room for a couple more?
    i reckon my dad would like this as he's just venturing into doing the odd open mic / Jim night bit... he's mainly acoustic / electro acoustic ... would that be ok?
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Alnico said:
    @Nikko and others.......
    Give me a few days to get that list of amps that are being brought.
    I can't find the list I wrote down (I must learn to use the laptop, not bits of paper) and I've just had something blow my head apart today which has left me with no brain power whatsoever, certainly not the time or function to go back through these pages and re read everything to track down who's bringing what.
    I will do just not today, I have something very important on my hands right now that needs sorting quickly.

Back at you over this at the weekend / Monday ish.
    There's still plenty of time to publish stuff like that but I will get the info for you and it's a good point to raise, we should have a list of what's coming.

Back soon ish.
    Big stuff to deal with now.
    ;)

Not a problem mate. Not worth concerning yourself with, I was just curious.

Hope you get what you need to sort, sorted.

Cheers.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    edited July 2017
    Nikko said:
    Alnico said:
    @Nikko and others.......
    Give me a few days to get that list of amps that are being brought.
    I can't find the list I wrote down (I must learn to use the laptop, not bits of paper) and I've just had something blow my head apart today which has left me with no brain power whatsoever, certainly not the time or function to go back through these pages and re read everything to track down who's bringing what.
    I will do just not today, I have something very important on my hands right now that needs sorting quickly.

Back at you over this at the weekend / Monday ish.
    There's still plenty of time to publish stuff like that but I will get the info for you and it's a good point to raise, we should have a list of what's coming.

Back soon ish.
    Big stuff to deal with now.

Not a problem mate. Not worth concerning yourself with, I was just curious.

Hope you get what you need to sort, sorted.

Cheers.

Thanks Nik

I'll know soon enough but today is just head crushing and not the time for that kind of brain power.
    I'll be ok, it's 1st world problems really, nothing *that* drastic just important to me, that's all.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

All good.

If its important, its important :)

Plus, no-one like to have to use unnecessary brain power on a Friday afternoon ;)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    edited July 2017

I've cocked up!

I new I was in Germany for a day or so during the week before 2nd Sept but had totally forgotten I'd agreed to go onto Italy from there (all work based). Looking at likely flights I'll probably get back home about midnight on the Friday having been away since early hours of Tuesday.

All that means I really should be spending the weekend with the kids and as much as I'd love to attend this I'd feel too guilty.

Sooo.... My place is up for grabs to the next guy in the queue

@alnico @bridgehouse - sorry for messing you about guys.

@all - Have a blast!

Jase  :-(

@monofin

I'll miss seeing you but I understand.
    I'll sort out the places and reserve list now.

Thanks for letting us know man, Keep in touch.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    edited July 2017
    Alnico said:
    I've got a list but I'm just stepping out of the door now.
    I'll post the list later.
    I'm sure it's around 8 or 9 different 'Home Amps' that we've got in the shootout so far, most are modelling type I think.
    I'm planning on bringing my ZT lunchbox. I usually run it through a 1x10 Blackstar cab, I'd like to try it through a larger cab. Not a home amp but a gigging amp in a home-amp-sized package, any Fender Twin owners out there with bad backs are welcome to give it a try :-D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    @Bridgehouse - Room for a couple more?
    i reckon my dad would like this as he's just venturing into doing the odd open mic / Jim night bit... he's mainly acoustic / electro acoustic ... would that be ok?
    There's a reserve list @KickTheHabit, if you would like to add your name to that.  We're full until people drop out.  It's quite possible that some will between now and jam day, but it might all be a bit lastminute ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    bigjon said:
    Alnico said:
    I've got a list but I'm just stepping out of the door now.
    I'll post the list later.
    I'm sure it's around 8 or 9 different 'Home Amps' that we've got in the shootout so far, most are modelling type I think.
    I'm planning on bringing my ZT lunchbox. I usually run it through a 1x10 Blackstar cab, I'd like to try it through a larger cab. Not a home amp but a gigging amp in a home-amp-sized package, any Fender Twin owners out there with bad backs are welcome to give it a try :-D
    Excellent stuff - I'm curious as to how my pedalboard would sound through a ZT, if you don't mind me trying it. I borrowed a Lunchbox a long time ago, but didn't really give it a proper go.
    <space for hire>
    Alnico said:
    I'll be brutally honest and say if you do have the time that would be an immense help right now, my head is about to cave in right now today and it will be days before I can either find the list I kept or do that by going back through it all.

If you can and you don't mind that would be an immense help.

Thank you in advance.
    No problem bud. 

I've trawled through this thread, and I think I've got everyone. If I've missed you, or you want to add anything else to the home / modelling amp shootout, please shout and I'll add you on. @Alnico I've got the original list saved for future edits, happy to keep dealing with this if it takes something off your plate but can also email it to you if required. Shoot me a pm when you get time, No stress. 

The Big tFB Amp Shootout
    Name Amp
    @Alnico Marshall Code 25
    @darthed1981 (Some of)Katana 50 / Blackstar Core10/20 / Fly 3
    @Legionreturns Katana 100 + GAFC
    @TADodger VOX AC30
    @Vinylfan THR10 / Vox VT40+
    @Nikko Katana 50 & Zoom G3XN

Currently on reserve list:
    @Spark240 Kemper Profiler, Gallien Krueger 250ML, Vox Valvetronix 120, Roland AC60, Marshall Valvestat combo

Other observations from trawling through this thread: 

You lot talk shite... LOTS of shite! 
    I got relegated from number 7 to number 10 on the list and now I'm sulking. 

I thought I'd remind everyone to bring guitar stands for each guitar one more time, as that was like 18 pages back...

@Alnico / @Bridgehouse is it worth doing a "joining instructions" type post on the logistics thread about that sort of stuff? 

@Legionreturns

Thanks for doing that, although the numbers mean absolutely nothing at all, you realise that don't you?
    That was just me making sure I had the right amount of people and no more than 30.
    :)

Yes, that's a good idea about the instructions and when my head is better after today I'll do that in some way. I'll talk to @Bridgehouse about it first.

Guitar stands are a must if people have them, that's a good point well reminded.
    I think I'm bringing 3 so far, maybe 4 if I can find my old one.

Thanks again for your effort doing that man.
    edited July 2017
    @KickTheHabit ........
    The reserve list is Temporarily here being updated as we go or on paper in front of me but you're on it now and there's 4  members in front of you as it stands.
    There's also still around 6 weeks until the event so there's time for life to change people's plans.
    When things change I let all the people on the reserve list know that it's moved up.

@hywelg
     @stevie_the_spy
     @HPhillipsmusic
     @TimmyO
     @KickTheHabit

Thanks for your interest !

EDIT: Just seen that you have a +1 with your Dad.
    We need to keep the numbers to what we said we would keep them to because of the arrangement with the studio about numbers but let's see if you do get a place and how things look closer to the time. We're not unreasonable and we all know how important Dads are ;)
    Leave that bit with me, ok?
    edited July 2017
    The numbers mean EVERYTHING!

I wouldn't want to be one of those losers in the twenties  

No worries, anything else I can do let me know. School broke up today. I've got like 8 days of freelance work between now and the jam, so lots of free time. 

Another observation... I just did my banking / PayPal check & @Bridgehouse blatantly failed to give me any recognition for "best PayPal payment message" when I paid him for my ticket... 

("Bread for the Jam")

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The numbers mean EVERYTHING!

I wouldn't want to be one of those losers in the twenties  

No worries, anything else I can do let me know. School broke up today. I've got like 8 days of freelance work between now and the jam, so lots of free time. 

Another observation... I just did my banking / PayPal check & @Bridgehouse blatantly failed to give me any recognition for "best PayPal payment message" when I paid him for my ticket... 

("Bread for the Jam")
    I chose to ignore it mate ;)
    edited July 2017
    For those people doing vocals, especially if you're not confident in your singing ability (like me!) I have a tc voicelive play unit which I usually go through before the pa when I sing. It hides a multitude of shortcomings, will add harmonies, reverb, delay and several cool effects as well as doing pitch correction (either subtly or Cher style hard tune)... It's a fairly small box and I have the tc mic with it that turns on or off certain effects depending on how you set it, and is also a vocal looper if we need anything like that. 

Happy for me to bring that for people to use of they desire? 

For those people doing vocals, especially if you're not confident in your singing ability (like me!) I have a tc voicelive play unit which I usually go through before the pa when I sing. It hides a multitude of shortcomings, will add harmonies, reverb, delay and several cool effects as well as doing pitch correction (either subtly or Cher style hard tune)... It's a fairly small box and I have the tc mic with it that turns on or off certain effects depending on how you set it, and is also a vocal looper if we need anything like that. 

Happy for me to bring that for people to use of they desire? 
    I'll say yes now to that.

I don't think any of us are going to worry Bruce Dickinson anytime soon, nice one.
    :)
  • I am interested in singing duties for 1 or 2 tunes, I am no singer but I do enjoy it. I would actually enjoy that more than anything else.
    @bigjon  can I add another request for your workshops if it's not too late? I'd like to look at percussive play / left hand muting. An example of what I mean would be the rhythm part of "Mardy Bum" by Arctic Monkeys. 

Does that make sense?