Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    WezV said:

I am going to have to drop out - feel free to offer my place to the next on the list.   Family stuff has thrown itself in my way  ;(

That's a shame - @Alnico, can you bump up a reserver and get them to pick some songs to practice?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16527
    I feel like I am letting the side down - on the plus side I have learnt a few new songs in the past couple of weeks
    WezV said:
    I feel like I am letting the side down - on the plus side I have learnt a few new songs in the past couple of weeks
    Not at all!

This will certainly not be the last Jam session ;)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited August 2017
    WezV said:

I am going to have to drop out - feel free to offer my place to the next on the list.   Family stuff has thrown itself in my way  ;(

Thanks for letting us know Wez. Sorry you can't make it.

WezV said:

That's a shame - @Alnico, can you bump up a reserver and get them to pick some songs to practice?
    On it now Guvnor.
    WezV said:
    Totally not at all man, things happen and there'll be other Jam Sessions to attend.
    Don't feel bad man.
    Family comes first, always.
    edited August 2017
    Ok, reservists.....

firstly,

@hywelg ; will now be joining us as he's taking Wez's place.

This lot have all just moved up one place each

1. @stevie_the_spy 
    2.  @HPhillipsmusic 
    3.  @TimmyO
    4. @KickTheHabit ;;;;;;;
    5. @adampeter ;;;;;;;
    6. @shelders
    7. @paulmapp8306
    8. @AllthegearNoidea

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3037
    Late to the party, shame It's so far away from me, well done to the organisers.....such a great, supportive idea.......I wish it every success!....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    Late to the party, shame It's so far away from me, well done to the organisers.....such a great, supportive idea.......I wish it every success!....
    There will be a down south version run later on - I think we will probably go for mid-south so we can capture SE, SW and right proper south like you ;)
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    paulnb57 said:
    There will be a down south version run later on - I think we will probably go for mid-south so we can capture SE, SW and right proper south like you ;)

I think you mean daaan saaaf. In case you are not familiar with this, I will use it in a sentence.

"It would be bang tidy to have another jam sesh daaan saaaf"

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • paulnb57 said:
    There will be a down south version run later on - I think we will probably go for mid-south so we can capture SE, SW and France like you ;)
    FTFY

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4301
    edited August 2017
    Alnico said:
    Ok, reservists.....

firstly,

@hywelg ;;; will now be joining us as he's taking Wez's place.

Sorry @WezV, would have been good to meet you. Might have brought you a beer or two!

Will definitely be bringing my Carr Rambler, any interest in me bringing any other amps? (Ceriatone OTS, 1987 and DZ-30).

Not sure what'll be happening in Room 2 but I could bring my Trio+ pedal board for impromptu jams sans bass and drums (thats what the Trio+ does). Happy to demo it to others so they can use it too.

• A trio? Awesome! Now we don't need @Bridgehouse! Another space available? ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2196
    Where's the raised eyebrow smarticon when you need it? oops, I'm Church of England, eat dairy and drink instant coffee but not a bassist...
    A trio? Awesome! Now we don't need @Bridgehouse! Another space available? ;) 
    Good luck getting in without my receipt...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    I have a Trio+ too.  My pedalboard is pretty small, it's just that and a home-made fuzz (plus a mini mixer to send the trio bass+drums and/or PC audio to my amp's aux-in, separately from the guitar signal). I might bring them along.  Soon to have a home-made TS808 hopefully though.  I sold a Boss RC 30 looper and a Trio (non-plus) to get the Trio+ because although the Boss looper was much more feature-rich, it was tricky getting the Trio and the looper to work together.  The Trio+ makes it a piece of cake.
    News Update...............

@TheOtherDennis has had to pull out due to personal circumstances.

@stevie_the_spy has taken Dennis' place and everyone on the reserve list has moved up one place.
    It now looks like this.

1. @HPhillipsmusic 
    2.  @TimmyO
    3. @KickTheHabit ;;;;;;;
    4. @adampeter ;;;;;;;
    5. @shelders
    6. @paulmapp8306
    7. @AllthegearNoidea

It has been suggested before when reservists take the place of a member who's pulled out but already paid for the place, that the person taking the place pays their £8 back to the person pulling out. The fund for the studio is fine, we've got enough left over to make a donation to tFB after paying for everything so if @stevie_the_spy could follow suit and send @TheOtherDennis his £8 instead of sending it to the organisers, that would be great.
    If any of you other reservists reading this could think about doing the same as and when (and if) you move up into getting a place, that would also be wonderful.

I will make any announcements about places and tag everyone concerned here so everyone gets a notification of what's going on, as and when things happen.
    Life gets in the way of plans and if people need to pull out , it's a shame we won't see them and they'll miss out on the great time we'll have but there WILL be other times and other Jam's.

This has already been discussed and we're quite happy to keep doing this, moving it about the country a bit to try to catch as many members as we can.
    It's a slightly similar idea to the one I tried to run in 2015 with 'Knackered Jack and the Resistors', only this time it's MUCH better organised and has much more focus than any of those sessions ever did, to which I'm very grateful to the other guys for helping out with.

Personally I would love to see this become a regular summer time thing for tFB to run every year, a series of Jams, maybe with different theme's and focus' in years to come, but definitely something that we can all look forward to each summer and spend the months after the guitar show in Februrary planning for and as it gains traction, maybe even to get regulars who enjoy it to spend more time prepping and practicing for it and turn each one into something quite spectacular.

What a great achievement for tFB as a forum and a community!

Let's get through this one, try to make the others the same kind of success as this is turning out to be and then move forward with that under our belts and the idea's we've had as inspiration.

Thanks again to everyone for helping make this all happen.

:)
    I'm thinking a late in the year dahn sahf or oop norf might be on the cards..
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27308
    Have a chat with Mr McToot - I believe he's attended meets in the Sussery area in the past.  

Might also get Mr Feline involved ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Alnico said:
    News Update...............

@TheOtherDennis has had to pull out due to personal circumstances.

I do hope he and his better half are okay...
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1203
    edited August 2017

I'd be interested in a oop norf option (even though it's still likely to be south for me!)
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

So whats the deal with some of the event being filmed/photographed? I think it would be a good record to have afterwards. I understand that some people may not want to be filmed etc through nervousness (I fully understand that :))

I found my old GoPro last night and could bring it along if needed, and id be happy to palm the footage I got off to someone else for edting as my skills in  that department are pretty much like my guitar playing skills ;)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**