Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    antifash said:
    If I can make it (quite likely), could I bring some students along so they can have a jam with some middle aged soaks?

antifash said:
    If I can make it (quite likely), could I bring some students along so they can have a jam with some middle aged soaks?
    ...if you get them to sign up to the forum, sure :)
    Absolutely to both points!

This would be a great opportunity for PR Lee !
    Some good photo's and maybe some video and you guys can use it however you think is best?
    At the very least, it'd give us something decent to kick off a TheFB YouTube channel...maybe?

Has anyone got a decent video camera they could bring along? Maybe two or three people knocking around with those could give us some decent footage. Something good for recording audio (assuming, of course, we manage to produce some good audio...) would help too.
    As far as I know, I *think* @strumjoughlamps is one of the people you want on this ?

Dave ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @littlegreenman ...........any chance you can make it down from 'The Fatherland' for this?
    I'll string up a guitar with Elixirs just for you if you can?
  • Alnico said:
    @littlegreenman ...........any chance you can make it down from 'The Fatherland' for this?
    Unlikely, as be I'll headed to Madrid for La Vuelta a few days later so cash could be pretty tight but I'll see how the finances lie closer to the event. If I can make it though, I'll be in :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • horsehorse Frets: 1558
    I'll play keys if I can make it - 2nd should be ok - will be driving down from nottingham if anyone wants a lift. Can also bring a zoom q2n to film
    Alnico said:
    Unlikely, as be I'll headed to Madrid for La Vuelta a few days later so cash could be pretty tight but I'll see how the finances lie closer to the event. If I can make it though, I'll be in :)
    I'll put a set of Elixirs on my strat for September just in case. Would be great to see you there if you can make it.
    :)
    horse said:
    I'll play keys if I can make it - 2nd should be ok - will be driving down from nottingham if anyone wants a lift. Can also bring a zoom q2n to film
    That'd be amazing to have keys there if you can get there!

Thanks man.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Is it too late to stick my name down, I'm in Rugby so pretty local and would love to try a jam session even if my playing isn't up to much?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    horse said:
    Superb. Would be a real asset to have you there.

For those not in the know, I'm in a band with @horse, and he really is an exceptionally good keys player - will give the non-experienced a really good flavour of a full band, and keys can hide everyone else's mistakes - that's how it works for us anyway ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TADodger said:
    Is it too late to stick my name down, I'm in Rugby so pretty local and would love to try a jam session even if my playing isn't up to much?
    Not at all, would be great to have you there.
    :)
    TADodger said:
    Not too late at all mate.

I will book tomorrow - @Alnico will put you on the list then I'll PM everyone for their split of the studio hire costs.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1558
    horse said:
    Superb. Would be a real asset to have you there.

For those not in the know, I'm in a band with @horse, and he really is an exceptionally good keys player - will give the non-experienced a really good flavour of a full band, and keys can hide everyone else's mistakes - that's how it works for us anyway ;)
    Wis'd (!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TADodger said:

I will book tomorrow - @Alnico will put you on the list then I'll PM everyone for their split of the studio hire costs.
    I'll go back through this thread tomorrow and make sure I haven't left anyone's name off the list.
    No problem.
    Alnico said:
    TADodger said:

I'll go back through this thread tomorrow and make sure I haven't left anyone's name off the list.
    No problem.
    Good man. Let me know the list as it stands tomorrow, and I will get the PMs out
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Gordon Bennett! I blink and look what happens.

Am yet to make my stage debut, so would like to join in, assuming sat 2nd sept.

is it too late to get my name on the list?
    fandango said:
    Gordon Bennett! I blink and look what happens.

Am yet to make my stage debut, so would like to join in, assuming sat 2nd sept.

is it too late to get my name on the list?
    You're in !
    Welcome aboard.
    Get your gig-socks on and enjoy yourself. Thanks for your support, I'll add you to the list later today.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Crikey! This has taken off! Shall we just hire the footy stadium instead? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Crikey! This has taken off! Shall we just hire the footy stadium instead? 
    Have you ever been to Quad Studios?
    It's HUGE.
    The room will easily hold a full band plus 20-30 people watching.
    There's a MASSIVE foyer, a bar, plenty of parking....

Given that some people will invariably not be able to make it on the day I'd say we're ok.

I'm actually really pleased that a spark of an idea from an old friend who thought his playing wasn't really up to scratch has turned into this. We haven't had one of these Fretboard Jam Sessions for a couple of years since I ran the last one's in 2015 and they're really great fun for everyone to forget about life and meet up. Quite often the only chance everyone gets to meet each other is at the Guitar Show in Birmingham which is a very different event to this. These Jam Sessions are more personal and a lot of fun for everyone involved, especially those who don't live near to each other and haven't seen each other in years in some cases.

Something to look forward to, practice for and really enjoy without spending a tonne of money plus it will all help the Fretboard financially and if Lee can collate some good footage it will help with PR as well. Everyone gets a good day out and those who've never done this before getting the kind of experience they wouldn't get otherwise, in a closed environment with friendly fellow musicians, all of whom understand their lack of experience completely and support what they're doing 100%. That in itself is something that a lot of beginners won't get anywhere else and could really help springboard those people into playing at their own local Jam Sessions with more confidence and some real experience behind them.
    That's worth the effort just on its own.
    I said this to @Bridgehouse last night on WhatsApp......
    If I see just one person who's never done this before suddenly 'Get It' and break out that smile that you just can't stop when they feel the buzz of playing live with a full band for the first time, the whole day will be worth it.
    It's far more than my own enjoyment I'm doing this for and I know the same goes for @Bridgehouse and the others who are helping put this together.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    It wasn't a complaint and was entirely in jest. This sounds like it'll be a cracking day and I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone :) 

Even if it does mean more witnesses to my sucky guitar strangling skills!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    edited July 2017
    It wasn't a complaint and was entirely in jest. This sounds like it'll be a cracking day and I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone  

Even if it does mean more witnesses to my sucky guitar strangling skills!
    Not taken that way at all.
    I'm sure everyone will enjoy being at Quad. It's the best Studio I've ever been to.