Keeley Compressor Plus - 4 knob with 'blend'

jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 141
edited July 2017 in FX
Just came across this - looks like Keeley are replacing their 4-knob Compressor with a new version that includes a 'blend' control. Also a selector switch for 'single coil' and humbucker' voicings.

I've come close to getting the 4-knob in the past but really like having a parallel blend, so ended up with Cali76 and the JHS Pulp N Peel v4. The Keeley definitely has it's own 'thing' so I'm looking forward to trying one of these when it comes out; price looks good too, much cheaper than the 4-knob has been previously (plus the closest spec compressor is probably the Wampler Ego which is about £50 more). What do we make of it?

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/KCOMPPLUS/compression-pedals/keeley-compressor-plus-pedal?LGWCODE=KCOMPPLUS;56375;6335&gclid=CPfL4uDJ_NQCFWIq0wodUFELjA

Update: have just seen a couple of stores listing them as currently "in stock". Has anyone here tried one yet?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Zombie thread! Did you try/buy one in the end?
    I have the 2 knob version which most of the time is great - sometimes though it would be good to blend in a bit of direct signal and/or boost the presence a bit, especially with humbuckers. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Zombie thread! Did you try/buy one in the end?
    I have the 2 knob version which most of the time is great - sometimes though it would be good to blend in a bit of direct signal and/or boost the presence a bit, especially with humbuckers. 
    Got the 4-knob version, and it has it's place on the pedalboard, just not all the time. I'm learning not to use for 'new' stuff/difficult fingerings, as sometimnes it's less of a help and more of a hindrance, since it masks little imperfections in finger positions.

I noticed the new version, and am sort of interested, but not that interested since I'm a minimal pedal user.
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    How does the Keeley compare to the JHS pulp’n’ peel v4? I’ve been using the JHS recently and find I’m really enjoying transparency and sparkle it adds