Great customer service mentions

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
edited July 2017 in Guitar
As it makes a nice change from reading about poor customer service, I just wanted to publicly acknowledge some great customer service I've received over the last few weeks, above & beyond  - all relate to my Yamaha Pacifica 611VFM

First, a huge thank you to Chuck Kirshling of Grovers, who very kindly sent me a replacement locking tuner re the problems I was having with broken top E-strings.  Received safely, fitted yesterday, ... fingers crossed this solves my problem

Second, the lovely George Santos from D'Addario who sent me replacement 009's and a spare set of EXL120's - this is when I genuinely thought the strings were a problem prior to uncovering later after 4 breaks that it was most likely the machine-head. 

And third, a big thank you too to Steve Drennan, guitar tech at Yamaha Music in Wardour Street.  Spoke with him yesterday and what a lovely, helpful and very knowledgeable guy..knew all about the different Wilkinson bridges.  I called him to find out the Allen key sizes for my 611's Wilkinson bridge.  Not only did he call me back with the right sizes but even though I was completely straight with him and told him I bought this second-hand and not new from Yamaha, he found a spare set that comes in a little bag with new 611's, that he's sending to me.  

Really great customer support - thank you so much guys!   

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Ross at The Music Centre in Bedford.
    Just the best shop and the best service you could wish for. I've bought almost all of my gear there for the last 10 years.
    Doesn't matter what I need and when or how, they're right there doing everything they can and Ross often (but not always) beats internet prices for me. One of the bricks and mortar shops that really care about customers and service.
    They're a Fender dealer among other makes and their stock is fairly vast for such a physically small shop.

Also, needing no introduction.........CODA music.
    What can I say about @DougCoda that hasn't been said a thousand times already?
     Just the most amazing guitar shop this side of the Horsehead nebula with interstellar service to compliment the AMAZING stock that somehow Doug manages to fit inside his shop.
    Take at least an hour to browse or you'll miss something and honestly, take money with you or you'll cry.
    Whatever you do need/buy from there, you can be assured of the best service possible from Doug and his staff.
    10/10 every time, which is something I'm sure a LOT of people here will attest to.

I saw Doug recently to trade in all my medals for a Boss GT100 and it was an absolute pleasure to see him, chat and do a great deal.

Lastly, Mark Hopkins @guitars4you ;
    I went with @Bridgehouse to try out and ultimately buy his CS Strat.
    In the process, we spent a couple of hours there with Mark (3 Mark's in the same room, it got a little confusing !) and I was lucky enough to play at least 6 or maybe more STUNNING guitars while we looked for 'The One' for Bridgehouse.
    Mark (Shop owner) was so happy to put each guitar in my hand and explain all about it, the differences and the whole time we were there was just pure guitars and stories, opinions, etc.
    It was a real treat to someone like me who will probably never own a CS guitar, to be allowed such free reign to play as many as I wanted to for as long as I wanted to and it's to Mark's Credit. He's rightly proud of his shop which is so well stocked it's unreal. Gibson, PRS, Fender, Vintage guitars by all kinds of makes,......we saw at least one 1960's Epiphone and a gorgeous old Guild semi-acoustic.
    Friendly and welcoming is just the beginning of a great experience and it was a real pleasure.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Dustin at Ernie Ball USA. Sent me out a few new different sets after I emailed regarding a broken string. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    PMT Bristol and Oxford for their excellent service over my broken Helix Rack Foot Controller, top chaps
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    One of our own @MattFGBI  who has been nothing but helpful to loads of fretboarders since he arrived
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    @ICBM for sharing his knowledge and devoting his time so generously, and all in return for a few measly frets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Sassafras said:
    @ICBM for sharing his knowledge and devoting his time so generously, and all in return for a few measly frets.
    Big plus 1 - the man is a superstar! :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    EasyJet for giving us €500 because our flight to Vienna was delayed for 3.5 hours. Yay!

Oh, and Coda Music for sending my Epiphone 56 Les Paul after a complete setup. I've bought a few cheap guitars online recently and this is the first one that didn't need fettling. Bought a RIC from them a few years back and it arrived d in tune with the lowest action ever. About a Rizla thickness at the 12th fret.

Ah, the EasyJet compo. That was excellent customer service due to mandatory EU directive which paid for my new Epi.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    My benchmark for customer service will always be Chandler Guitars, Kew in the 80s and 90s (Doug & Paula) but sadly, that's gone. So, Charlie Chandler and crew at CCGX for good service, advice and chats

The boys at Guitar Guitar, Epsom for consistent, friendly first rate in-store customer service since they opened. Thanks, Luke, Chris O, Jamie, Jez, Patrick, Sam, Alex etc
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Hiscox.... My case had the handle torn off during a flight. Hiscox sent me replacement plus fixings for free.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Ebay and Paypal for always siding with me when I've broken something and wanted a refund despite the item being in perfect condition when I received it.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    Matt from Fender - top guy and an example to other guitar brands of how to positively contribute to a guitar forum.

ICBM - ditto, fantastic source of knowledge and a credit to the forum.  100% would choose to take my equipment to him if I lived in the area.

Drew - also ditto.  I consider the guy a friend but also I consider myself an idiot on with software on occasion and the Drew has helped me out multiple times.  He's done some awesome drum sample packs for FXpansion BFD too which I recommend people check out, especially Oblivion if you like heavy rock.

Rick, tech from EMG - contacted the guy several times, always very helpful including with replacements beyond expectation.

Coda - deal with any problems super fast and super professionally.  I think I'd be very poor if I lived locally.

KMR Audio - When a B stock item I tried to order online wasn't actually available anymore they offered to discount a brand new item to almost as good a deal plus chuck in some cabling.  Pretty fair I thought.

PMT Salford - great service on multiple occasions
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Chuffola said:
    One of our own @MattFGBI  who has been nothing but helpful to loads of fretboarders since he arrived
    +1 for Matt and Fender.

Public thanks to @MattFGBI ;for taking a look at my longboard strat and sorting it out without fuss earlier this year. Many many thanks
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204

JD50 said:
    Hiscox.... My case had the handle torn off during a flight. Hiscox sent me replacement plus fixings for free.
    +1 for Hiscox. I've already posted the recent story of my pitching up at their factory and getting a case made while I waited.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    +1 for Axesrus. Jackie contacted me within minutes of my email about a broken part and sent a replacement out the same day.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Nice thread.
    World Guitars and Mark at Guitars4u. Both exceptional quality and customer service.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Music Pro Store in Stoke - superb service and a decent cup of tea!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alan at Ibanez Guitar Spares (.co.uk).
    On the strength of a quick question on email, went to one of his existing customers to find out if my request for modifying an Edge Zero II tremolo with the arm socket and arm from the original Edge tremolo was possible. Then emailed me pics sent in by one of his customers to prove to me it *was* possible, then supplied me with the whole kit I'd need PLUS an Ultralite Carbon Arm, Special Delivery, done and dusted in 2 days flat.
    Awesome service, amazing prices and a really nice guy to deal with.

Paul Comerford - String Slingers - eBay.
    Paul has been on eBay for years and always been good. Recently bought some EMG stuff from him and because I clicked and paid in the morning, it was there the next day packed for nuclear war. He's one of the older, trusted traders on eBay and again, a great guy if you have questions.

Andertons.
    They're holding my new 7 string Ibanez Iron Label for me for 30 days on a £50 deposit while I scrabble around finding the other £450. Last one in stock on a discontinued line, no quibble and happy to do it for me. They even asked if I had time for them to go and physically get the guitar to check it over while I was on the phone to make sure it was all ok as it was the very last one. It was a display guitar and the lad I spoke to even described micro swirls in the gloss paint from clothing marks etc. He made 100% sure he described every bit, top to bottom before he would take any money and told me it would go into its box there and then be put away for dispatch when I pay the balance.
    I've bought guitars from Andertons before and they've always been good but that really made my day and made looking forward to NGD a bit more exciting.

• danbandanban Frets: 343
    For me it would be Regents Music and Gibson Europe.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    Recently had excellent service from @CustomPedalBoards who went above and beyond with an order for me. Cheers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    Sassafras said:
    Yes and another +1 for @ICBM from me.  He has worked on my guitars for over 25 years to the point where I wouldnt trust anyone else with them.  He is also incredibly generous with his knowledge and in the process of keeping my guitars in great nick, I have also learned a lot from him.  A true star and gentleman