Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    Seems a much more obvious business model than Gibson's attempts to get into audio tech stuff. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23925
    I hope they'll do it properly with sight reading and harmonic knowledge, and not just "these 3 chords is a choon init"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I hope they'll do it properly with sight reading and harmonic knowledge, and not just "these 3 chords is a choon init"
    Never did punk no harm.  :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
     "these 3 chords is a choon init"
    Oi! I copyrighted my leaning guitar for lazy dumbasses method some time ago! Get yer own fairly naff product ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Rox said:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    It's the future of the music industry. That and digital products going towards a subscription model...

Look at what is going on in audio - quite a few growing successful learning/tuition businesses already.

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Gagaryn said:
    Rox said:

Haha - I've got that on a t-shirt
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Gagaryn said:
    Rox said:

Hey, that infringement of copyright!
    I've used that exact chord sequence for the last 50 years.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Sassafras said:
    Gagaryn said:
    Rox said:

Hey, that infringement of copyright!
    I've used that exact chord sequence for the last 50 years.
    You are Francis Rossi and ICM £5
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    Had a butchers, there is a tutorial for Star Spangled Banner on YT, very similar to various free You Tube offerings, two screens on neck and picking hand, "vocal tab" etc.....
    Very good video quality, but worth £15 a month? mmmmmmm
    You would hope there would be structured lessons, but I guess it will start with easy beginner songs in the style of your choice and increase in difficulty.
    I'm gonna sign up for the free trial for a nose......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• jamesjames Frets: 50
    I'm going to sign up for the free trial too, I think it's worth checking out. It will be a shame if it's all play-by-numbers for songs and nothing else though.
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    I'm going to do the free trial too. 

This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    There are so many people offering this service privately that it makes sense for a large company to offer effectively the same thing but with higher production values. That in itself will attract a good number of people, whilst also providing a platform for their new products and advertising. Clever idea. I guess time will tell how in depth the lessons will go but fair play to them for going for it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Its a great opoortunity for Fender product placement, Ive already played more new stuff today than I have for weeks, vids are well produced and well presented, still not sure its worth 15.99 a month though.....but I have 29 more days to decide....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    They need more people to start playing so they have more people to sell to, it actually makes a lot of sense.

If their pull and power does get more people playing then good on them, regardless of the motivations.

We could do with more kids picking up the guitar again, my ears need it.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    paulnb57 said:
    Its a great opoortunity for Fender product placement, Ive already played more new stuff today than I have for weeks, vids are well produced and well presented, still not sure its worth 15.99 a month though.....but I have 29 more days to decide....

Good stuff...  Let us know how it goes...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    The last thing we need is more people learning guitar.
    I just can't stand the competition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    Rob Chapman had already adopted this business model...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Anyone taken up the free trial and used it?  Worth having a go?  I like one of the teachers (Jen Trani) as I think she's a pretty decent teacher with a lot of experience but if the content is naff then I won't bother.
    I took the free trial, its similar to lots of free stuff on You Tube, with better video quality, Fender product placement, "vocal tab" demos, I sacked it after 3 days, I reckon I can get what I want elswhere online for nowt...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom