Thorpy FX Virgin and first taste of Muff and where to stick it!

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
I've just purchased my first Thorpy FX pedal... a Muffroom Cloud. I know it's all subjective but can anyone advise on the placement of the pedal. My current set up is as follows.

Dunlop Mini Wah>Boss TU-3>RYRA Klone>CTC Blackface Stardust OD>DMM>Dr Scientist Reverberator>ZVEX Double Rock at end of chain as advised in manual. 

Many thanks as always!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    The cheeky thought is to start with the Muffroom, and then add the other pedals one-by-one.

Ask yourself what you want out of the Muffroom, and what kind of tone you're aiming for. Alternatively consider what pedal do you want to give the priority to? You might find the position depends on the settings you want to use, and the music you want to play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Cheers for feeback! Basically looking to use muff for heavy thick sustaining leads and for heavy rhythm and I hate using the expression 'that cuts through the mix'
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    Personally I'd be tempted to start with it between your Ryra and the other OD. 

Boosting a Muff often sounds good and I also like the sound of other drives following them: so putting it in the middle gives you both options. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I shove mine after a tubescreamer and it sounds great
    Really tightens it up
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5151
    I place it before my Veteran treble boost which it loves  :)