N***** in a Woodpile.

What's Hot

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    in fact i wish the "racism" displayed daily via the lack of opportunity and resources directed towards black folks was challenged with the vigour that this relative trifle has been.....PC tossers the lot of you...if it bothers you so much get active and work ginst the instutional racism everywhere in the UK
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    boogieman said:
    Aaaaaand she's been suspended. 
    From the poplar trees, perhaps?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hang the filthy racists, hang em high...how dare she use the N word, intolerable attitude to have slip out in public
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    How then shall we watch Blazing Saddles, o wise ones?

Not so very long ago, the word "c*nt" was absolutely verboten, much as "n*gger" is now.  And yet, I read it nearly ever day on this very forum.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited July 2017
    She's been suspended .. this country gets more like Stalin's Russia and Communist China ... we should really bring back public floggings, beatings and burnings although we have ritual humiliation via the luvvies on Twatter as they desperately try to out virtue signal each other.

People make mistakes - is an apology not enough? Do people really need to go apeshit and take offence? Isn't the fact she's made a twat of herself not punishment enough? Who's been hurt?

Obviously not ..

<faux outrage alert>

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    When I was at school this was a common phrase. But its use now is indefensible - she can't even say it was a slip of the tongue or a thoughtless exclamation.  

The nature of the phrase and my experience in its common use makes me think her use of it in a speech, even an off-the-cuff one, had to be intentional on her part.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    Tory-Brexit-Racist. It's like Christmas for the media!

I've never heard that phrase before, but politicians should know that saying the 'N' word in any context is at the very least stupid and tasteless. What a dipshit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4780
    Nitefly said:

Not so very long ago, the word "c*nt" was absolutely verboten, much as "n*gger" is now.  And yet, I read it nearly ever day on this very forum.

Surely you're not that naive, please tell me you're joking...............

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Does this mean I can't call bundles of wood "faggots" any more?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Nitefly said:
    I was on a bus (near Bolton) on Saturday evening with my wife.  There were 3 (white) women in (at a guess) their 50's, dressed as if going out for the evening, waiting at the bus-stop with us.  

When we got on the bus, they all started talking to a black woman of similar age who was already on it - clearly they all knew each other.  She (the black woman) said that word at least 3 times in the few minutes before we got off.

Racism is alive and well.
    I'm more amazed by that than some bigoted Tory trout not realising that what she said might be taken in a racist context. 

The N word has been considered offensive for decades. When I was a kid in the 60s I had black schoolmates and wouldn't have dreamed of saying it to them, even then. I somehow can't imagine the black lady on the bus was using it in the "take possession" sense that black youths or rappers did in the 90s either.

Very odd. 
    she is from the west country and its pretty damn racist down here i can tell you, scratch the surface even lightly and you will find some right kkk loving mother fuckers round these parts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    there is a black man in the local village here, married a white woman and the gossip, oh the gossip...usual stuff she went to the Gambia and brought him back cos of his massive todger....hes from croydon and has an average sized todger
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    Nitefly said:

Surely you're not that naive, please tell me you're joking...............
    @Boromedic - Naive?  Joking?  Neither - I'm 68 years of age, and the n-word was in common usage on both sides of the Atlantic when I was a child, although somewhat frowned-upon in this country - not said in "polite company".

You can't rewrite history to leave out the bits you don't like.

Did you read my story further up the page, about the women on the bus?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Nitefly said:
    I was on a bus (near Bolton) on Saturday evening with my wife.  There were 3 (white) women in (at a guess) their 50's, dressed as if going out for the evening, waiting at the bus-stop with us.  

When we got on the bus, they all started talking to a black woman of similar age who was already on it - clearly they all knew each other.  She (the black woman) said that word at least 3 times in the few minutes before we got off.

Racism is alive and well.
    I'm more amazed by that than some bigoted Tory trout not realising that what she said might be taken in a racist context. 

The N word has been considered offensive for decades. When I was a kid in the 60s I had black schoolmates and wouldn't have dreamed of saying it to them, even then. I somehow can't imagine the black lady on the bus was using it in the "take possession" sense that black youths or rappers did in the 90s either.

Very odd. 
    @boogieman - indeed, it surprised us, to be sure!
    edited July 2017
    Jeez where do I start.......... who is rewriting history?? It's history that educates us that the word you mention is actually horrendously offensive to a large number of people, it used to be okay to do a lot of things that we now frown upon this being one of them. Does that still make it alright?

If you don't already understand the difference between calling someone a cunt and using the n-word then I'm not even going to bother trying to educate you, it's clearly pointless as is your irrelevant real world example. Which is the usual rhetoric trotted out by people trying to explain that they should be free to still use the term, there is a world of difference between someone of african origin using that term and someone caucasian.

As for Blazing Saddles no it shouldn't be banned, its a great film to demonstrate the stupidity of racism. No one is asking to erase the word from history, it's still an important learning tool to show that (at least some of us) have moved on.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Apparently it's normal in my son's school for Asian kids to refer (openly) to white kids as 'goras'....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Ahhhh yeah I remember all those 'goras' that Indians, Pakistanis and black Africans exported from Europe into the towns and cities of Africa and the Indian subcontinent to use as slaves............................ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @Boromedic - calm down!  Where did I say I thought it was all right?

I'm pointing out that the world is a constantly changing place.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I'm perfectly calm @Nitefly why try and claim otherwise? I'm just astounded at peoples either naivety or stupidity depending how you look at it, you weren't just pointing out the world being a changing place, come on now..........