Flyrig users - how are you setting it?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
Finally had a chance to try the flyrig out at volume in a rehearsal tonight.    Really like the sounds - set the sansamp with flat eq and a little edge on the gain so I can back off the guitar volume for cleaner sounds and the omg for a nice higher gain sound. The boost just gives even more gain and distortion which is handy but how about a solo boost?   
Any tips for getting a clean/distorted/solo set up?
Setting the amp clean and use the sansamp section as a boost looked like a way forward perhaps. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I used mine with an additional mini booster after the fly rig, or you could use a passive cut pedal or a volume pedal.  IMO the boost would be better placed last rather than in front of the drive.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    John_A said:
    I used mine with an additional mini booster after the fly rig, or you could use a passive cut pedal or a volume pedal.  IMO the boost would be better placed last rather than in front of the drive.  
    I agree - it's not exactly lacking in gain.   I bought it to use as a quick backup in case the ax8 has a problem and it's gig over so I don't want to add an extra boost - although I can see how that would fix it.  I'll experiment with the gain levels and see if I can find a rhythm and solo setting.   
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Mine has only been out of the bag once so I can't really comment too much but I do recall it had a lot more Bass than I needed and a real Plexi picky top end that I had to take off
    like John I have one as a back up to the Helix although I'm going to use a digitech RP360XP as it's stereo and has a pedal I can use for solo boost
    sounds surprisingly alright if you ignore the presets
    what is it with FX manufacturers and presets?