Fretboard Jam 2017 - Song List Thread - Running Order V4

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Might regret this post, but seeing as you don't really play and sing much at the same time on Plug In Baby I'm happy to try my Matt Bellamy singing impression as well.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    Does anyone know which will have changed key from the original version - would be good to know when I'm trying to pick out/play along with the spotify playlist version!! Cheers.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    mrkb said:
    Does anyone know which will have changed key from the original version - would be good to know when I'm trying to pick out/play along with the spotify playlist version!! Cheers.
    I do because I did them.

I'll put an asterisk next to the ones which are changed.
    Most of the time, in fact, I *think* all of the ones which are changed are due to us not being arsed to tune down to Eb.
    There's not many, I'll go and do that now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Ok, I've marked them and it turns out there are only 3 songs that we've altered.

SO......By all means, tune down to Eb to PRACTICE the songs along with the music and learn them better BUT.......

On the day we will all be using STD E tuning, so you won't change where you play the notes but it will change string tension and pitch, so it will feel and sound a bit different to what you've practised.

Is that ok with everyone?
    That's great - don't think I can play any of those three anyway! thanks @Alnico ;
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    That's great - don't think I can play any of those three anyway! thanks @Alnico ;
    No problem.

I'll do whatever I can to help everyone get into this so if you're stuck on any aspect of these songs, just ask and if you are close enough to Bedford and you want to come over and run through any of them, please do.

@darthed1981 did last weekend and is coming back again for another 'run-through' before the Jam and I know @aord43 said he might do but if anyone else can and feels like they want to, just PM me and arrange something.

No Problem.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Alnico said:
    Ok, I've marked them and it turns out there are only 3 songs that we've altered.

SO......By all means, tune down to Eb to PRACTICE the songs along with the music and learn them better BUT.......

On the day we will all be using STD E tuning, so you won't change where you play the notes but it will change string tension and pitch, so it will feel and sound a bit different to what you've practised.

There's a fourth song which is in Eb tuning - Foxey Lady
    bigjon said:
    Alnico said:

There's a fourth song which is in Eb tuning - Foxey Lady
    Thanks Jon, I'll correct it.
    This Tramadol is hard work some days.
    Me and Col were only just talking about that the day before!
    ;)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Alnico said:
    mrkb said:
    No problem.

I'll do whatever I can to help everyone get into this so if you're stuck on any aspect of these songs, just ask and if you are close enough to Bedford and you want to come over and run through any of them, please do.

@darthed1981 did last weekend and is coming back again for another 'run-through' before the Jam and I know @aord43 said he might do but if anyone else can and feels like they want to, just PM me and arrange something.

No Problem.
    Well your company was a pleasure jam or no jam! :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Alnico said:
    mrkb said:
    No problem.

No Problem.
    Well your company was a pleasure jam or no jam! :)
    Thanks !

I never mind people visiting and talking/playing guitars.

The pleasure is all mine.
    :)
  • slacker said:
    @TTony I'm fine with all the bass ones except Testify which is  duplicated with Johnny Bradford. So could you please remove me from that one? Thanks I'll have a look at my bass ones tonight. 

Not sure how Tony has me doing Testify, I stuck my name down against Roadhouse Blues.

In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    @jonnybradford I'm fine with you doing Roadhouse Blues. Not sure if I want Testify though. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Quick bit of Bass admin - we currently don't have anyone down for bass on Midnight Hour and Mustang Sally...

Please, someone jump in and offer - I'm not going to have to do Bass on Mustang Sally, am I? ;)
    Also - there's a few folks on the list who haven't chosen anything yet.. 

This is, of course, fine - but if you do want to have a go at something then shout now, otherwise we may have to think about culling a few songs with no interest to allow more repeats of the really popular stuff!!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Shall we cut Testify then?
    I don't suggest we replace it with anything- we have enough songs as it stands.
    octatonic said:
    Yes. I think that's a good idea if that's ok with everyone
    I saw Nuno play both the Extreme songs yesterday- he has way too much talent! And Gary Cherones vocals will be a challenge!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    octatonic said:
    Yes. I think that's a good idea if that's ok with everyone
    Yes. Very good Idea.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Put me down for ;-

Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream,
    Midnight Hour - Wilson Picket
    Call Me The Breeze - JJCale
    Crossroads - Cream
    Roadhouse Blues - The Doors.
    Fortunate Son - CCR

or is that too many???