My Son is a Hipster.

What's Hot

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Dominic said:
    I used to think I was cool going clubbing in the 80s in an Orange Jump suit.
    if you did that today you would look like you were on the run from Guantanamo Bay .
    Or an escapee from a Bananarama tribute act.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    ICBM said:
    Don't worry, the vinyl is just for leaving lying around to show how cool they are, not for actually playing.
    So many people I know are like this. Not me! I recently fixed up my dad's old Dual TT and now I play records regularly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Surely you can just pop something toxic in his quinoa and put him out of his misery? Next he'll be buying boutique muesli from a trendy cafe and that's just not a risk worth taking.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Where I live its mostly disaffected types in grey tracksuits wandering around with one hand down their pants. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    I'm a bit of a hipster to be fair, although without a beard and my hair isn't silly, it looks great ;) and I think I'm pretty harmless. I'd rather be a hipster than the yuppie stereotype that seems to be dominant in the bit of Birmingham I spend my day to day in. At least I genuinely like jack up trousers and stripey socks, music on vinyl and posh tea with some of my home baked bread, they can't possibly genuinely like being full of bull shit* :)

*see also the business language thread
    Do you work up by the Cathedral?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Bidley said:
    holnrew said:
    Even chavs have beards nowadays
    It annoys me. All the lager-swilling fannies who used to take the piss out of me for having a beard, now have beards.

Now just stop that beard silliness immediately! 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    viz said:
    I'm a bit of a hipster to be fair, although without a beard and my hair isn't silly, it looks great ;) and I think I'm pretty harmless. I'd rather be a hipster than the yuppie stereotype that seems to be dominant in the bit of Birmingham I spend my day to day in. At least I genuinely like jack up trousers and stripey socks, music on vinyl and posh tea with some of my home baked bread, they can't possibly genuinely like being full of bull shit* :)

I do indeed yes
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    What Happened ??
    No male role model to follow. 

"Stick 'im in The Army. Send 'im darn the mines."

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    dogload said:
    Where I live its mostly disaffected types in grey tracksuits wandering around with one hand down their pants. 
    swindon?
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    What? There's more of them?!
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    My condolences.  

I could cope with the diet and the jeans, but the stupid beard and touching my vinyl would be the last straw.  Get some mates round for an intervention and shave the fuking thing off before it spreads any further.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Banish him to the naughty step!

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    It's reached epidemic proportions in Chorlton - Penny Farthings all over the place....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1904
    Loving the 1950's attitudes in this thread! These bloody kids with their [things that are slightly different to the things I like]!

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30879

When you say jacked up trousers, you mean trousers cut badly that show socks?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    viz said:

I do indeed yes
    When I go to B'ham I walk past the cathedral to get from New Street station to the office on Newhall Street - I wonder if I'm one of the yuppie looking ones  :'(
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    Gassage said:

No no, I mean trousers that show off my lovely socks ;)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Gassage said:

True hipsters don't wear socks. Jeans rolled up at the ankles, boating shoes, no socks.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Your son is a hipster?  Think yourself fortunate - mine is an RE teacher.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

My son is skinny enough to wear hipster trousers, and he talks a load of bollocks.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom