NGD - Kemp KM-II

webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1029
edited July 2017 in Guitar

So NDG for me today – this is a Kemp KM-II, spec is black walnut body, maple and black walnut neck and a cocobolo finger board. Hardware is all Gotoh (tunomatic and 510 locking tuners) with an EMG 60 in the neck and a Seymour Duncan AHB-1 in the bridge, single tone and volume and a three way switch:

The guitar is nice and light, the grain is fantastic and the oil finish that Matt does gives it almost a depth when you look at it – very nice! The Cocobolo is a great set of colours, very like dark coffee and the neck is slim front to back, definitely in the speed mould, and is reminiscent of my Jackson RR5’s neck profile. I asked for a slightly wider that normal nut so it is 45mm, instead of the more normal 43mm.

Looks great, plays great and working with Matt was a breeze – nothing was too much trouble, non-standard nut, changing out the pickups etc. Great job all round Matt!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Beautiful looking thing you've got there! Congrats :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    That's lovely... looks well dinky with those horns and cutaways.  Mmmmm.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1029
    Thanks - its very comfortable, the size is small, not dissimilar to a Jackson dinky but I think the front beveling makes it a little more friendly.
  • I've only just found this post @webrthomson Nice surprise and a great read, thank you... Gonna read the Leopardwood one now =) 
    Kemp Guitars - Custom Made Guitars for the Modern Rock & Metal Guitarist
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    edited April 2018
    Jeez, that looks really fast
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Jeez, that looks really fast  
    It's the stripes