What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
No, nothing to do with jeans.

We now have 501 registered members.  

That's excluding the 120+ attempted spammers that I've deleted as they've tried to sign-up.  501 genuine members of theFretBoard.

Call me happy.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Awesomesauce. 

Tomorrow it will be one month since MR went belly up.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Awesomesauce. 

I feel a party coming on ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Only seems like "last week" ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Fantastic - feels like we've always been here now - which just shows what a great job the guys behind it have done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    edited August 2013
    John_P said:
    Fantastic - feels like we've always been here now - which just shows what a great job the guys behind it have done!
    One of the most incredible things about it - to me - is that we did it without meeting in person, or talking to each other, without even meeting as a virtual group in e-life.  We did it without months of discussing it and planning it.  We did it without focus groups and marketing surveys.  We did it without a budget.  We did it without argument or even disagreement.

It was a perfect example of JFDI.

If only all my real-life projects were as easy, fast, successful, worthwhile and rewarding and fun.

It's been a genuine pleasure.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Could we do an advert where some good looking dude in boxer shorts washes his jeans in a launderette, to celebrate? I'm showing my age, aren't I?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Could we do an advert where some good looking dude in boxer shorts washes his jeans in a launderette, to celebrate? I'm showing my age, aren't I?
    As long as that's all your volunteering to show ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited August 2013
    TTony;14661" said:

As long as that's all your volunteering to show ...
    I said 'good looking'.... Believe me, age is about it!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    I thought it was about jeans.  I only ever had one pair of genuine American 501's.  I had them on for a week before a nurse cut them off me in A&E after a stupid woman in a VW Polo turned in front of me when I was riding a motorsickle.  Smashed motorsickle, smashed leg, cut-off jeans.  Very upset about the jeans.  Never had a pair of 501's since.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    Was looking forward to a nice darts thread :(
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nicely done. :)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    edited August 2013
    I haven't worn any other jeans since 1985. Never will.

In fact, I've barely worn any other type of trousers at all... proper Levi Regulation Chinos (not the crap they sell nowadays) is about it! Yes, I am stuck in the 1980s - or possibly the 1950s ;) - but they fit me perfectly and look smart, so so what? I've found quite a few NOS pairs of chinos on Ebay in the last few years, luckily.

I got my first pair of 501s slightly before that launderette ad came out too - I had a bit of a James Dean fixation and asked the chap in the little clothes shop I got all my 'cool' stuff to get me some. He laughed, said they were really old-fashioned and still had a button fly and stuff. About a month later that ad came out and I was the one laughing :).

Unfortunately the modern 501s are made all over the place, not the US. Quality is somewhat variable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• I used to wear 501s when I was in my late teens.

Now, as with many types of trousers, I can't get my thighs in them.
  • BigPaulie;14805" said:
    I used to wear 501s when I was in my late teens.

There's a very funny Mark Radcliffe book where he details that his jeans used to have the same inside leg and waist measurements. The waist one has subsequently increased so he 'is no longer square'. True for many of us....
    edited August 2013
    I treat the measurements printed on the back as an absolute restriction on my weight :). I used to be a little thinner than I am now, and I've gone up a couple of sizes in the last three decades so I am in fact now 'square' - probably in more ways than one since I'm still wearing chinos :D - but I will never allow myself to have a waist size larger than my inside leg, and with 501s there's no excuse ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Awesomesauce. 

It seems like longer - shows how much has happened, and how quickly.

The new forum shits all over MR from a great height anyway.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • BigPaulie;14805" said:
    I used to wear 501s when I was in my late teens.

There's a very funny Mark Radcliffe book where he details that his jeans used to have the same inside leg and waist measurements. The waist one has subsequently increased so he 'is no longer square'. True for many of us....

ICBM said:
    I treat the measurements printed on the back as an absolute restriction on my weight :). I used to be a little thinner than I am now, and I've gone up a couple of sizes in the last three decades so I am in fact now 'square' - probably in more ways than one since I'm still wearing chinos :D - but I will never allow myself to have a waist size larger than my inside leg, and with 501s there's no excuse ;).
    Although I've put on a few pounds due to lower training volumes in the past couple of years, the issue for me is over-developed thighs rather than an expanding waistline.

It really is an issue. My wife despairs at the number of pairs of trousers I've sent back or been unable to get past my thighs in shop changing rooms. 
    That's kind of worrying. My daughter has the same trouble :-O :D.