SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Lovely Atkin Custom OM 2003 - NOW SOLD

What's Hot
NibulniblinNibulniblin Frets: 183
edited July 2017 in Acoustics £
I bought this as a surprise for my son, who will not play it because "It's too good for me, Dad, I'm a singer/songwriter, not a guitarist". I play electric, and can't justify having this jewel hanging around not being played. Indian Rosewood and Sitka. Slight "V" mahogany neck with a bound silky MOP snowflake-inlaid ebony fingerboard - and I just love the inlaid squared-off peghead. Classy abalone rosette, too. I was quite stunned when I first played it in the lounge at home (I'd spent three hours in a showroom trying every Atkin and various other acoustics). Filled the room with such a commanding yet delicate sound (if that makes sense...). Has a preamp in the strap button hole, but no actual transducer (there is a spare bridge saddle which I guess is intended for a sub-saddle piezo strip). Easy action, no fret wear to speak of and in excellent shape. There are a few small (nitro) lacquer cracks in the top bout, NOT in the wood itself! No dings, bruises or signs of abuse. Comes with Atkin branded Hiscox case. I'll also include a very nice new Tortex adhesive pickguard. These are around £3,000 with this spec now. Asking £1,425 firm, Now (sorry, Alister) £1300 delivered UK mainland.  No PayPal, I'm afraid - had an insecure transaction with them in the past. Happy to accept bank transfer. Sorry, no trades.

Full range of images here: http://s165.photobucket.com/user/Nibulniblin/library/Atkin OM Custom?sort=3&page=1

The Future is simply time waiting to become History.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice guitar. Where in the UK are you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    Pm'd
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7391
    That's a lovely guitar and no mistake. Potential bargain for someone! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • NibulniblinNibulniblin Frets: 183
    FG: guitar is in Mold, near Chester.  Anyone interested welcome to come and try. Thanks, TimmyO for kind comment.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I'm liking the Vivian Maier style self-portrait in the second photo. GLWTS.
    Price dive - will go no lower - insane as it is!
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    PM sent
    Sold and paid for.  Many thanks to G & D.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    OMG!!! I OWN AN ATKIN!!!