Ebay Tossers

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4665
Had that Vox Wah on Ebay, guy emails me 
" hi mate does it squeak" 
Nope doesnt squeak, so he makes me a low offer, i refuse, he then makes another offer, i refuse again, third offer near enough so accepted. He thens pays straight away, nice one all is good. 20 Minutes later i get this message 

Hello mate, 

If it's not too late to cancel and refund me I would really very much appreciate that! 
My three year old son thought it was funny to do this on my phone.
So sorry! Please issue a refund and feel free to give me bad feedback. 

Cheers

i have canceled the order and refunded as i just cant be arsed with the hassle on a £30 pedal but seriously WTF 
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Ebay. Why bother?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    At least he bothered to contact you...worst is the silent treatment!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4665
    he actually paid as well. then wanted the refund :-) he has a very clever 3 year old 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    It's a cesspit these days. Guy 'bought' my Taylor for asking price then messages AFTER buying to 'sort out a cash deal'. 

Luckily I'd already agreed a sale to the very nice @CarpeDiem here so was more than happy to cancel the transaction and deal with a sensible person instead :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    3 years old?
    He's got a great future in front of him.
    My boy could barely speak at that age.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah yes, I remember my first eBay purchase when I was 3 :3
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Meh, better than him waiting to receive it, finding a reason to return it, and you having no choice but to pay for return postage.

I'd say you actually got lucky.
    oh yeah agree thats why i just refunded and told him he was a twat and that he had a very clever 3 year old 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    oh yeah agree thats why i just refunded and told him he was a twat and that he had a very clever 3 year old 
    Tbh it sounds like he's pretty clever and his 3 year old is a bit of a twat :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14187
    tFB Trader
    bit of a cocky tw*t as a 3 year old to make low offers and then to try again with another offer - who taught him to barter
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    If all you've got to moan about is a minor inconvenience on eBay then you're a very lucky man. The buyer sent you a polite message saying a mistake has been made and you're calling him a twat and a tosser. Bad form. It's taken you longer to come on here and moan about it than it will have done to refund and relist in the first place. 

Chill out, be thankful that this is all you've got to complain about in life and if you did call the buyer a twat, perhaps thinks about spreading some love and apologising. 
    7reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    If all you've got to moan about is a minor inconvenience on eBay then you're a very lucky man. The buyer sent you a polite message saying a mistake has been made and you're calling him a twat and a tosser. Bad form. It's taken you longer to come on here and moan about it than it will have done to refund and relist in the first place. 

Chill out, be thankful that this is all you've got to complain about in life and if you did call the buyer a twat, perhaps thinks about spreading some love and apologising. 
    He made a mistake? So he mistakenly enquired about the product, then mistakenly made two unsuccessful offers before mistakenly sending a third and then mistakenly paying for the item he bought?

Erm, no. He just decided he didn't want the item anymore and made up a nonsense story to avoid telling the truth. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
    erm nope i shall not be apologising, he asked a question on the item, THEN made 2 unsuccessful bids , then bought it and paid or it then backed out, then blamed his 3 yr old. That makes him a twat in my eyes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    But he is a twat, he bid then shit out of the deal and concocted a frankly insultingly ridiculous story to cover his tracks therefore he is a twat.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886

-so why did you decide you didn't want the wah? 
    21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That 3 year old will resent his father for the rest of his life and his dad will have to pay out a lot more than 30 quid for extensive therapy sessions.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175

Somebody call the wahmbulance.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I think you're being a bit hard on the OP. He's given us a cautionary tale about ebay being full of twats which I frankly found interesting and very surprising.
    I just can't believe ebay would allow twats on their site.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    his 3 year old managed to type this message into his phone 

Hi does the pedal have any squeaking issues. and does it come with power cable?
    That poor 3 year old must be ashamed his dad's such a twat.