PSA: Speaker bargain! Well, I think so anyways, so nerr...

What's Hot
LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=CELV12608&browsemode=manufacturer

Now, before anyway says "But they are teh sux" - I like the sound, I've a pal with two in a Trace Elliot and another with one in a Marshall and they sound much better than the G12-75T that were replaced.

Anyway, if you have 'Jam Club' membership, two of these bad bois works out at £66 to your door - THAT's pleasure you can't measure.

Bargain and just the thing for taming the insanely toppy Fender Frontman 212R I have - I love that amp but the treble could kill a bunny from ten paces.

Cheers,
James
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72258
    They do have the 'advantage' of rolling off almost all the top end and most of the bottom - and a bit of volume - so if that's the sound you like and/or the amp has too much of one or the other or all three, they're probably ideal...

Also great for replacing the Frontman speakers *before* the originals blow rather than after, that way you can sell them or put them in an amp which won't fry them as soon as it gets turned up to gig volume.

They're better than a G12E-50/'Rocket 50', anyway :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I find the Frontman a most bizarre amp - it has stupid pots for the volume, so it's Off>STUPIDLOUD>Bit more distorted>Magic Smoke

Why, Fender, why?  It spoils what I think is a lovely sounding clean amp that takes pedals remarkable well.

The Celestions will do the job for me, the amp does have too much treble and bass and is too loud, so I think they're a good match!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72258
    edited February 2014
    LooseMoose said:
    I find the Frontman a most bizarre amp - it has stupid pots for the volume, so it's Off>STUPIDLOUD>Bit more distorted>Magic Smoke

Why, Fender, why?
    lol

And completely agree!

The answer is: cheapness. A 100W 2x12" combo for under £200 new is astonishing, the fact that it even works fairly reliably is an achievement, that it sounds good as well is a bonus :).

It's pretty crudely designed and built, really. On the other hand, so is a 5F1 Champ!

I agree that most speakers have an application too, even the ones that don't sound "good" normally - although I'm still struggling to find a use for the Rocket 50 except as a weight saver in amps you don't care about the sound of...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I have one which replaced a Gold, I think it sound miles nicer than the Gold.  Also looking at the budget end much better than a Seventy 80.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31524
    edited February 2014
    You can stick 3 1/2 years' worth of Mastercard bills to your fridge with a Rocket 50.

Just sayin'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom