Poker chips on 2017 LPs...

What's Hot

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Bought a 2017 LP Traditional last month, but it looked naked without a Poker Chip. Got an official Gibson cream one from Amazon for £2.99. Looking now, Amazon have bumped the price and postage is high. I guess I was lucky. Just used a pair of pliers to tighten the nut. Looks sweet now. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1258
    Presumably you need a 'poker chip' for playing it at 'P&W' through your 'rig'?
    All of a sudden I find myself with a deep need for a custome poker chip labelled as Praise/Worship... :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    JayGee said:
    Presumably you need a 'poker chip' for playing it at 'P&W' through your 'rig'?
    All of a sudden I find myself with a deep need for a custom poker chip labelled as Praise/Worship... :-)
    Ooooh I can see that idea raising a few quids chap!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    I've got some cream ones in, 2.99 posted. I think they're from Mojotone.
    http://www.amberguitar.com/screws-jackplates-nuts/168-toggle-switch-washer-ivory.html

I have the deep nuts also but use them for prewired switch kits. If you need one, let me know on here.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Just checking - I assume the 'Poker Chip' will be fitted to a 'Lester'?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

As opposed to a Leicester?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4694
    Philtre said:
    Bought a 2017 LP Traditional last month, but it looked naked without a Poker Chip. Got an official Gibson cream one from Amazon for £2.99. Looking now, Amazon have bumped the price and postage is high. I guess I was lucky. Just used a pair of pliers to tighten the nut. Looks sweet now. :-)
    That was pretty much the plan.  As has been pointed out, the top of the switch cavity seems to be thicker making some, probably not all, more of a PITA.
    http://www.amberguitar.com/screws-jackplates-nuts/168-toggle-switch-washer-ivory.html

I have the deep nuts also but use them for prewired switch kits. If you need one, let me know on here.
    Thanks.  I may well take you up on that.

BTW.  Every time I do a general search for a part, amberguitar.com doesn't appear.  Seeing as how you have got everything a person could need, it might be worth a bit of SEO or something.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    rlw said:

Thanks.  I may well take you up on that.

BTW.  Every time I do a general search for a part, amberguitar.com doesn't appear.  Seeing as how you have got everything a person could need, it might be worth a bit of SEO or something.
    I think I switched to international targeting or something. I'll take a serious look at seo after I've added some new stuff in working on.
  • MD101MD101 Frets: 7
    Are people managing to fit them to Standards or other models as well?

I have a Tribute and bought a cheap 'poker chip' from eBay but there was no way it would fit - the nut just isn't deep enough. Are the Gibson ones thinner or do the Standards just have a deeper nut?
    MD101 said:

I have a Tribute and bought a cheap 'poker chip' from eBay but there was no way it would fit - the nut just isn't deep enough. Are the Gibson ones thinner or do the Standards just have a deeper nut?
    Mines a Classic.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    rlw said:
    MD101 said:

Mines a Classic.
    So I've heard!
     ;) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    rlw said:
    Ah............poker chip is easier to type than switch washer.  Didn't realise that it was an Americanism.
    Americans love to name stuff after things they resemble. Example - top hat knobs, cigar tube on a mustang vibrato, grover kidney bean tuners, etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    How can you describe Grover buttons as anything other than kidney bean shaped.  It describes them perfectly.

also, can you think of another flat circular disc in this size.  If you buy old sets of poker chips* they will be 50% off white with an even split of red and blue. So an off white disc roughly the same size.  It makes sense.

You will be complaining about lipstick pickups next ;)

*old sets are made of harvite, it makes great Fender style clay dots.  They were harvite too 
    A fellow FBer has kindly donated an unused cream switch washer removed from his Gibson Les Paul Standard some time ago.

Thanks Rabs

I've acquired a Gibson washer but really could use a deep nut to make fitting less of a PITA.  Let me know how please.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Bit late to the party but Richtone do official Gibson toggle rings, search for "Switchwasher"