Fitbit quandry

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
edited July 2017 in Off Topic tFB Trader
My 1 year old fitbit Charge HR snapped today.

I spoke to the bods at fitbit and they've said I can either have a new one the same, or have any other model at 50% off.

As I've got a bit more into my running I'd really like a proper GPS tracker like a Garmin so I don't need to carry my phone around when I run. Unfortunately the only GPS tracker Fitbit do is the Surge which is two years old now so not really worth getting.

I'd be quite tempted to just get a replacement and ebay it using the money to get a Garmin, but apparently the replacements are device only with no box and even half price I won't really make a profit worth bothering with on a 50% off one.

So, should I get a half price Alta HR, a Surge, a freebie Charge HR, or something else entirely?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Get the freebie, and let someone else in the family use it, then get the Garmin Vivoactive HR (if you want multi sport functionality/tracking) or one of the cheaper Forerunner models (if you want purely running (or the redic expensive 935 if you want it for Triathlons)...I've had my Garmin Vivoactive for 3 months, and SO glad I went with that over a fitbit as the tracking and Garmin App is so in-depth and gives you ridiculous amounts of analysis and info. It's not the best looking, but I find it fine and wear it every day, to work, to meetings and whatnot. I only swap it out for my Seamaster on special occasions (then spend the day depressed as my steps aren't being recorded) 

I wouldn't be without mine now! 

Check out the details product reviews over at DC Rainmaker;

he does comparisons and in depth analysis of all the fitbit and garmin products - from looks, to ease of use to GPS accuracy. Really informative making a decision like this. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Thanks fella

Yeah I've decided to go that way.

I've ordered a replacement and provided it comes in a retail pack I'll Ebay it and get a Garmin.
    Thanks fella

Yeah I've decided to go that way.

I've ordered a replacement and provided it comes in a retail pack I'll Ebay it and get a Garmin.
    A sensible choice sir! 
    And as if you needed any more excuses, you can customise the "home screen" face to a cool Mario Bros. themed one! 
    tFB Trader
    First run with a Garmin Vivoactive HR today and I'm very pleased with it :)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    I bought an Alta HR a fortnight ago.  I've worn it religiously but I haven't lost any weight.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
    I bought an Alta HR a fortnight ago.  I've worn it religiously but I haven't lost any weight.

Have you walked 10k steps a day?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    No!  I think I've done my part of the deal already... I've paid the money, I'm wearing the product, now give me the results.  

=) 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    First run with a Garmin Vivoactive HR today and I'm very pleased with it :)
    It's great isn't it? I've 'moved' Nearly 1000 miles since April, it's a great tool. And does everything too. 

Have you upgraded to mario or back to the future watch face yet?