Thoughts on the Elixir optiweb strings

longshinslongshins Frets: 246
hi there, just wondering what people reckon to these now they have been out for a while? I play pretty hard and worry that the coating doesn't count for squat if the string is going to be under considerable stress at the saddle, same goes for paradigm and nyxls thinking about it...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HalikusHalikus Frets: 59
    edited July 2017
    Had a set on my SC245 for about a month now,  I find them less bright overall then the nanowebs which I like lots since I found the nanowebs a tad too bright at times and the coating is holding up so far to my abuse of a very heavy pick hand and a 2.5mm gravity pick.
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    Cool, just bought a set to try out...
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    longshins said:
    hi there, just wondering what people reckon to these now they have been out for a while? I play pretty hard and worry that the coating doesn't count for squat if the string is going to be under considerable stress at the saddle, same goes for paradigm and nyxls thinking about it...
    Can only speak about NYXL.

The wire is made of a much stronger, more break resistant high carbon steel. The twists are also soldered to reinforce them further.
    I use a 3mm pick and pick quite hard too.

I've not tried the optiweb or paradigm yet, interested to follow this thread and see what the consensus is :)