SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS \Top quality 18 foot guitar cable - £15.50 delivered to UK

What's Hot
Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
These cables are built my myself, 18 foot in length, low capacitance cable, Neutrik Jacks. It's 3 conductor cable, shield connected at blue end which goes into the amp 

£15.50 delivered to UK Mainland address, for different lengths PM me 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Hey Danny,

Good on you for doing this, although I'm entirely unsure why anyone would LOL this post?
    I've always respected your skills so I find that quite baffling.

I'll give you a shout before next week to order one of these and if I measure it up, would you also be able to make me a patch lead for my GT100 to go between that and the BOSS footswitch, that's effectively the Sub expression controller, please?
    Thanks mate,

Talk to you on PM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Do you find any advantage in connecting the shield at one end only?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    @Alnico I never notice the lols and wizs etc so no probs ... yes can make any cable you like

@prowla I can't tell the difference in my kind of normal use, it's just something some  people ask for, I think Planet Waves do the same on some of their cables. I can see technically there is an advantage but it must be very very small. I make a ton of normal cables too. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    edited July 2017
    Danny1969 said:
    @Alnico I never notice the lols and wizs etc so no probs ... yes can make any cable you like

@prowla I can't tell the difference in my kind of normal use, it's just something some  people ask for, I think Planet Waves do the same on some of their cables. I can see technically there is an advantage but it must be very very small. I make a ton of normal cables too. 
    Brilliant Danny, thanks mate.
    I'll do the DIY plywood bit this weekend and then I'll know precisely the lengths etc and give you a shout on Monday.

Is PPG ok with you?

EDIT: Also.........could you make a 2 pin figure of 8 Heavy Duty power lead ?

Yes can do the figure 8 as well mate PPG is fine
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Danny1969 said:
    Yes can do the figure 8 as well mate PPG is fine
    Excellent, thanks Danny.
    Talk to you on Monday.
    :)
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Danny1969 said:

OK - there are some Hi-Fis where it makes sense, so I was wondering about guitar amps.
  • Does it matter which way round I use the plugs? I mean, what if I want to use the lead into a pedal, or accidentally put the shielded end into the guitar?
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    prowla said:
    Do you find any advantage in connecting the shield at one end only?
    Isn't this used for the 4CM into a FX loop, or am I thinking of something else?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Does it matter which way round I use the plugs? I mean, what if I want to use the lead into a pedal, or accidentally put the shielded end into the guitar?
    No, it won't make any difference in most cases, the design of the cable is as it is for the most effective use of the shield in terms of shielding the signal from noise but electrically it is connected both ends as it's a 3 conductor cable 

I might do some of my own tests and see if I can tell the difference using something like a Hotrod and a Strat in a room with a lot of noise from dimmer switches and such
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Sweet - well I'll take one then please. PM me your details
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27989
    Danny1969 said:

I might do some of my own tests and see if I can tell the difference using something like a Hotrod and a Strat in a room with a lot of noise from dimmer switches and such
    I'd be interested in the results. The only well conducted test I've seen so far suggested that the best noise performance was to connect the shield at both ends, but it was marginal.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    One more question. Are these cables that are shielded at one end also known as "Humbuster" cables?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Do you do different colours as well? And right angle jacks?
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    And there was I just tonight thinking I need to order myself a decent guitar cable, but from where and then I see this. Will be in touch next week.
    @Freebird  a Humbuster cable has a TRS jack one end so slightly different and works out £1 more than this cable

@Vinylfan I do right angled jacks and different colours but they work out a touch dearer than black cable and straight jacks 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Danny1969 said:
    @Freebird  a Humbuster cable has a TRS jack one end so slightly different and works out £1 more than this cable

@Vinylfan I do right angled jacks and different colours but they work out a touch dearer than black cable and straight jacks 
    Thanks.  Will drop you a PM to work something out.

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Do you do these in Metric? ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gagaryn said:
    Do you do these in Metric? ;-)
    Sure do :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    And ordered.  Thanks