Wow, this kid is gonna be the next guitar hero surely (Kingfish)

What's Hot
photekphotek Frets: 1463
edited July 2017 in Guitar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQ87Al-huo

My dad just sent me the link and I have been watching his stuff on youtube for the last hour or so. Great playing, great voice, confidence and a good attitude. Big things to come I reckon.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Joey2014Joey2014 Frets: 42
    Seen a few videos of this kid - the boy can play!  :o
    Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud!

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Looks like the forum editor YT bug has bitten again, only a jpeg pic showing there @photek , hope this works OK...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2017
    https://www.christonekingfishingram.com/bio

Similar guy/close to his age is that Marcus King, too.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    Unless he makes some lifestyle decisions asap, he likely won't be living long enough to see his full potential.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Great player, doesn't look like he'll see the right side of 30 though. That size at that age is well into "morbid obesity" territory. 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6485
    Kebabkid said:
    https://www.christonekingfishingram.com/bio

Similar guy/close to his age is that Marcus King, too.
    As a huge fan of Marcus King I was all defensive and ready to criticise this guy....then I watched the video. Great stuff!
    does he have decent original material though? That'll be the clincher 

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Damn that vibrato!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Got chubby whilst practicing, but when the money comes in then he can afford a personal trainer/dietitian and carry on.

Otherwise he'll be shittin' in a Japanese bathtub like Andre the Giant.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    The man is genius he can't even see his pedalboard and knows exactly what's he is doing by feel alone.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    At only 17 he's bloody good, but these guys need to stop doing Hendrix, SRV etc and get their own styles, otherwise it's just emulation...and YT is full of amazing covers but not much originality or distinctive style.
    He was also on some Oprah style program in the US where they had an intervention regarding his weight.
    Marcus King is great too and has some voice as well as his playing style.

Eric Gales was kind of in this position until he started doing his own music and now has more of a recogisable style and identity...hoping these young guys do the same.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    @Vaiai  I agree with you to a point, the problem is of the millions of people that actively go out and watch live music or scour youtube, 15 of them want to hear original music, the rest want Sex on Fire and Hard to Handle over and over again. I would bet a few quid if Kingfish had just posted vids of his original material his view count would be in the hundreds even with as much skill as he has now.

As a 'foot in the door' trick bag, Hendrix is a great idea. Once he has the fan base I like you am hopeful he will take it to another place with his song writing. Gary Clarke Jr is perhaps someone for him to look to.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I enjoyed that, very effortless. I gotta say though he really has to sort out his weight, really in the health issues zone there. 
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    The BB king influence is clear to see.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    All versions of Hey Joe should have a reggae breakdown so he got that right. If the diabetes doesn't get to him first his career will probably pivot on his voice and there's a nice quality there and with a bit of work that could be a real asset. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    He is very good but that Hendrix / srv thing is just so tired and uncool .Sadly there is so little tolerance of original material on that kind of circuit.
    He has the physique of some of the Rappers ..........it's sad to see a young person that obese.He is probably seriously diabetic etc and struggling with chaffing issues etc.
     His size/guitar style etc reminds me of Papa Chubby who is also a great Hendrix style player -his version of Tom Waits Heart Attack and Vine is fantastic.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Weighty, full fat tone.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Its sad to watch
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom