Headphone advice please

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16080
what is a decent pair of headphones forKemper/Helix/ Amplifire type practice
I am sure there is some very serious kit but I'm interested in best bang for buck low price recommendations
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1627

I got some AKG K92s for Dad's day. I did the research and found them widely mentioned as 'BB4$'  in the up to £50 market. Mine were £40.

Very happy with them, they are of closed back design (wanted to keep 'er telly out and MY Bach in!) Not fabulous isolation but good enough for me. They are also of higher sensitivity than many phones at 113dB SPL for 1mW and that is useful if you have an audio interface because many of those are pretty wimpy at -18dBFS tracking levels.

If you wanted REALLY cheap the Sennheiser HD 202s are pretty good at under £20 most places.

Dave.

• dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 569
    If you are wearing them a lot then cheap ones sweat and can end up hurting a bit. I really like B&O stuff - use the H6 myself but more coin but they are comfy and have lasted. Can replace all the bits too if ever need. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I recently upgraded my cans to a pair of Senheiser Urbanite XL which are, hands down, the best headphones I've ever owned and I'm a snob. I had to purchase a second, longer lead for guitar practice but that was less than a tenner on Amazon. They also work via bt if you don't want a lead. 

No, they're not cheap, I think I've seen them around £180 occasionally but more commonly £200 to £250 but they knock socks off of others in their price bracket. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I use Sennheiser HD280 Pro.
    They're very good but use 'Clamping' to be noise reduction and as such, anything longer than 20 minutes can get uncomfortable.
    The sound quality is however excellent.
    They were from Amazon last year, £150 reduced to £64.99!
    Amazon is your friend if you can bear shopping with them and can keep a regular, close eye on their deals etc.

The deal I got wasn't any special event by them, just a rainy Tuesday in the middle of the year and the kind of "OMG!" that made me and my Son, BOTH run for bank cards quickly before they changed their mind!

Hope you find something as good yourself and that helps.
    :)
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Again not cheap, but these sound really good and as they're great at noise isolation I find I can turn the volume way further down than the Sennheiser Momentum Cans I also have whilst drowning out the Drudgenders my wife's watching :).  
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/SE315K/earphones/shure-se315-sound-isolating-earphones-in-black
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    I have Audio Technicas - a pair of ATH M20's and a pair of ATH M50x's.

The M50x's are much better, but the ATH M20s are pretty decent, for the price.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    Thankyou everybody ...........a lot of good opinion to follow up
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    edited July 2017
    My son has a pair if these. We did a compare with a few other sets this evening and they are f***ing amazing. On sale too at the minute. I'm seriously tempted but waiting to see if he upgrades to the ceramic ones so I can steal his
     https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/products/earphones/t20
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 840
    Audio technical atm50s  or akg k 271s.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    Do you wear glasses?

I really don't rate the M50xs for long term wearing with glasses, they press on your ears. Much prefer the comfort of Beyerdynamics DT series. DT770 for closed back, or DT990 for open. The DT880 is most accurate but least fun to listen to due to unhyped bass. They're all a bit treble forward, the Audio Techincas are darker sounding.
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    I picked up a lightly used (practically new) pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm, for about £80.00. They are big, supremely comfortable with the velour pads sound absolutely great and are closed back for minimal night time leakage (sorry, I sound like a Tena for men advert!)