BBC salaries published. Oh dear...

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    I pay £145 a year for the BBC and it's at times exceptional output of which I particulalry enjoy Radio 4, TMS, the news, the website, iPlayer and many quality dramas.

I pay £840 a year for SkyHD for which I predominantly get dozens of channels I never watch, or even know the names of, but do get to watch the cricket in HD.

I would happily pay more for the BBC.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I pay £145 a year for the BBC and it's at times exceptional output of which I particulalry enjoy Radio 4, TMS, the news, the website, iPlayer and many quality dramas.

I pay £840 a year for SkyHD for which I predominantly get dozens of channels I never watch, or even know the names of, but do get to watch the cricket in HD.

I would pay £145 a year just for Radio 4 Extra. 

It is a godsend on long work car journeys. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    I am not especially bothered what other people earn whether it's my local postman,m.p. or a Hedge fund manager.
    It won't change what a pint of milk in Tesco costs me.
    There is something quite distasteful about publishing peoples earnings for the sake of public scrutiny.
    I must say ,I am very surprised how much some of these people earn .......not the prominant Chris Evans /Lineker type but the D list presenter/Journalist / wallpaper soap actor etc who are quite inconsequential.
    Their role in the entertainment industry is the equivalent of an area sales manager or a suburban branch bank manager and yet the salaries exceed MD salaries of normal size companies outside of the City.
     Notwithstanding,there is far too much looking-over -the-fence ..........it won't make a jot of difference to my life what they earn or whether they are worth it or not . If the man next door won the lottery it won't change my life. ( although I'm pretty sure I would be getting new neighbours ! )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    Evilmags said:
    Snap said:
    I think the bottom line is, generally "the great british public" don't like to see anyone getting more money than them.

If you dopn't like it go watch ITV, and listen to commercial radio. After umpteen jingles about Tradepoint, and ads for Iceland or compare the piggin market, you'll soon be fed up.

I think it is the incompetence amd grotesque hipocracy that will prove most damaging. Not watched the BBC for four years. Can't say I miss it. 
    I think really Mags, the overarching point is - who gives a monkey's? Its only TV FFS. I bet the only people who are bothered are those that in their own view are comparatively underpaid. This whole thing is classic voyeurism; its grimy and sleazy. Classic Daily Mail fodder.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Snap said:
    I think the bottom line is, generally "the great british public" don't like to see anyone getting more money than them.

If you dopn't like it go watch ITV, and listen to commercial radio. After umpteen jingles about Tradepoint, and ads for Iceland or compare the piggin market, you'll soon be fed up.
    I don't actually watch TV. I find when I go home or go round someone's house and they have the TV on, it really makes me anxious and angry.
    Yeah, probably 95% of TV output is total crap.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Snap said:
    Evilmags said:
    Snap said:

I think it is the incompetence amd grotesque hipocracy that will prove most damaging. Not watched the BBC for four years. Can't say I miss it. 
    I think really Mags, the overarching point is - who gives a monkey's? Its only TV FFS. I bet the only people who are bothered are those that in their own view are comparatively underpaid. This whole thing is classic voyeurism; its grimy and sleazy. Classic Daily Mail fodder.
    Thing that gets me is either politicians are so stupid and incompetent that they did not know that this would have half the talent running to agents/lawyers or it was deliberate sabotage. It has gotten to the point where your not sure if this is deliberate or not. Could well be payback.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    Snap said:
    Evilmags said:
    Snap said:

I think really Mags, the overarching point is - who gives a monkey's? Its only TV FFS. I bet the only people who are bothered are those that in their own view are comparatively underpaid. This whole thing is classic voyeurism; its grimy and sleazy. Classic Daily Mail Mirror fodder.
    FTFY.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

You don't have to pay a penny for Radio 4 Extra.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I'd like to know how much the contract negotiators at the Beeb are earning.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3298
    Snap said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Snap said:

I don't actually watch TV. I find when I go home or go round someone's house and they have the TV on, it really makes me anxious and angry.
    Yeah, probably 95% of TV output is total crap.

and the 5% will be on BBC
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Fretwired said:

You don't have to pay a penny for Radio 4 Extra.
    Indeed. And yet I still would.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

Versus, for example, Netflix which:

a) Has more stuff

b) Has better stuff

c) Costs less

d) You're allowed to not have

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23953
    Before them all

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Drew_TNBD said:

Add in Mo Mowlam and Margaret Thatcher too.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Yer man Lineker is a glipe.   
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12646
    I think Chris Evans' comment this morning was spot on.

If his bosses think he's worth that, then take the money. The moment that they don't feel he is, that situation will change.

Its a lot of dirty linen being laundered very publically. Who the heck cares really? Frankly, its just jealousy.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Where is Boaty McBoatface Sir David Attenborough on the list?

His name above the title of a BBC wildlife documentary definitely increases international syndication earnings. He may only be providing the voice-over for the camera work and sound recording of others but his reputation increases revenue. 
    Be seeing you.