I want a new guitar

What's Hot
underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
edited July 2017 in Guitar
I don't need one, I just want one.

So I already own an SG (p90), 2x Les Paul's (HB), an LP junior (P90), a strat (SC), an explorer (HB), duo sonic (SC) and 2 acoustics.

The area I'm lacking in is a semi hollow. For a couple of weeks I've been thinking an Epi dot or similar, but this morning I remembered the gretsch streamliner in green.

Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    You are also bereft of a telecaster, maybe a semi hollow one? No scrub that and get a 335 and a tele.

Sorted....next.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    ESBlonde said:
    You are also bereft of a telecaster, maybe a semi hollow one? No scrub that and get a 335 and a tele.

Sorted....next.

I don't really like single coils (p90s I do) but I did once own a MIJ tele standard that I loved, had to sell it when I was skint and never found another tele that floats my boat.
  • Where's your Telecaster(s) at!?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Thinline Telecaster. Best of both worlds.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Sassafras said:
    Thinline Telecaster. Worst of both worlds.
    Ftfy
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    It's not going to be a telecaster, I can promise you all that D I don't get on with the scale length, unless I can find the one I sold many years ago.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited July 2017
    I have a Fender Jim Adkins that I might let go of, ticks all your boxes, Tele, Thinline, P90s, set neck & 24.75" scale.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I got this for £380 plus £10 for the set of control knobs, £120 for the hardcase and £65 for the bone nut and full set up.
    It's stunning.

http://i.imgur.com/L8bH7LE.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    Gretsch, 335 style semi, or for something a bit different a PRS Vela.
    Alnico said:
    I got this for £380 plus £10 for the set of control knobs, £120 for the hardcase and £65 for the bone nut and full set up.
    It's stunning.

http://i.imgur.com/L8bH7LE.jpg

Mmmm that's nice, very nice 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    Solid Body Tele required me thinks :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    underdog said:

Mmmm that's nice, very nice 
    Thanks,

How close are you to Bedford?
    I have no idea where you are in the UK but if you are close enough you can come over and try it anytime.
     @SteveRobinson just set it up for me with a bone nut and it now feels like it cost thousands when you play it, honestly, I'm blown away with it.
    From new, as is the case with most guitars, the nut was too high / slots not cut deep enough and that did make it a bit cumbersome to play, whether you like a low action or not it meant that the entire action was too high from the nut end and felt a bit wrong but I saw past that and sent it to Steve pretty much as soon as I got it.
    A week later and it came back just amazing to play and the feel of the action and string tension now is amazing.
    It's on 10-52 strings and plays like a Les Paul, seriously you barely know it's not one if you close your eyes.
    The body isn't as deep as you might think so it's far from a cumbersome guitar to play and the lack of a Bigsby is, for me, what makes it such an accessible guitar........FOR ME!!!
    I realise some like the tremolo equivalent of a Lancaster Bomber and that's fine, whatever busts your dam.

The hard case was well worth the investment and if anyone wants a set of those knobs, they're HERE on eBay.
    They have an Abalone insert in the top which is, for me, just the right amount of bling without going overboard.

This guitar will be at the Jam Session for anyone who's going and fancies a go on it, it would be my pleasure.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    underdog said:
    I don't need one, I just want one.

So I already own an SG, 2x Les Paul's, an LP junior, a strat, an explorer, duo sonic and 2 acoustics.

The area I'm lacking in is a semi hollow. For a couple of weeks I've been thinking an Epi dot or similar, but this morning I remembered the gretsch streamliner in green.

Thoughts?
    I own an Epi Dot, great playing guitar and stunning for the money, pickups are a bit muddy at times.

I've tried a Gretsch Streamliner, costs £100 more and that makes a big difference at this price level.

Out of the two, the Epi is more traditional and cheaper, the Streamliner is better, I'd try both see which you like best.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Jack_ said:
    I have a Fender Jim Adkins that I might let go of, ticks all your boxes, Tele, Thinline, P90s, set neck & 24.75" scale.

Not for me obviously, just asking for a...errr...friend, but if you  were to let that go, what would it cost my...friend?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nikko said:
    Jack_ said:

Not for me obviously, just asking for a...errr...friend, but if you  were to let that go, what would it cost my...friend?
    That is rather nice isn't it @Nikko ; ?
    Is it the TOM Stop/Tail or the p90's or both that does it?

It's strangely attractive......
    Noted for future.
    ;)

Its lovely. Bit of both to be honest @Alnico.

I like the idea of P90s in a semi hollow body, and that just looks very classy. Its the sort of guitar that I wouldn't be able to walk past without picking it up.

I wasn't aware of this model until today... :)

Nikko said:
    Jack_ said:

£500 with hard case.
    Jack_ said:
    Nikko said:
    Jack_ said:

£500 with hard case.

Hmmm...

There is a good chance ill have those kind of funds in about 5 weeks. If I do, I will be checking back with you to see if you still have it.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    Jack_ said:
    Nikko said:
    Jack_ said:

£500 with hard case.
    That is a very nice guitar there - that a Mexican?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Sorry for de-railing your thread @underdog ;