How many points on your licence?

What's Hot
cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
For me, currently 3 for speeding. However, I set off a red light camera this evening on the motorbike (totally my fault) so I'm expecting another 3 soon. Bugger. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4178
    0 in 36 years and I don't hang about, a lot is down to observation and a little slice of luck 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9654
    0 in forty-something years. I try to drive sensibly but as I currently drive about 80,000 miles per year I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I pick up some points.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    0 at the moment, got snapped by a mobile unit doing 39 in a 30 but did a speed awareness course. Oddly enough it was in a Citroen Picasso I'd borrowed rather than the quasi sports car I normally drove.

Out curiosity, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread (if anyone knows the answer it'll only be a sentence worth of a reply), if there are average speed cameras over a 10 mile stretch at intervals of 1 mile, are the only cameras which matter the first and last one you drive past? If not, then can you theoretically amass several tickets over the said 10 mile stretch? Always wondered.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7815
    0. Most I've had is 3.  Wife has 9. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Tavernor said:
    0 at the moment, got snapped by a mobile unit doing 39 in a 30 but did a speed awareness course. Oddly enough it was in a Citroen Picasso I'd borrowed rather than the quasi sports car I normally drove.

Out curiosity, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread (if anyone knows the answer it'll only be a sentence worth of a reply), if there are average speed cameras over a 10 mile stretch at intervals of 1 mile, are the only cameras which matter the first and last one you drive past? If not, then can you theoretically amass several tickets over the said 10 mile stretch? Always wondered.

Each time a camera takes your pic can be classed as a separate offence.

I recall a woman got photo'd 4 times on Newmarket road in Cambridge, believing the road was a 40 and she lost her licence. It was a long time ago, so I could has misremembered.

And, I'm currently at nil points, I had 3 points for speeding (the 40 sign was under an overgrown tree), the copper who did me had the piss relentlessly ripped out of him, I suppose it was a change from Mr Angry. Anyway, I got rid of those points and fuck me I got a ticket (via a camera) in a company van doing 76 in a 60 coming out of Northampton.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    0 in 39 years (passed my bike test in 1978 and my car in 1979).
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0 in 12 years of driving. And I used to do many miles when I was a field service engineer.
    Always stick to, or below, the speed limit (yes even in road works) it's the law, and don't run red lights etc!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    0. Fortunately.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I've got none, but mrs returns currently has 9... So I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up mysteriously owning up to a speeding in her car at some point in the next 2 years. That'll be worth some serious brownie points ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    None in 44 years, I just stick to the speed limits, it's more relaxing than having to look out for PC Plod & cameras all the time.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    Wow, you lot are good! I had 0 points for years until last year when I got nabbed for doing 89mph on the M20 on the bike. Thing is, the traffic around me were all doing the same speed so I was a bit pissed off with that one. 

The red light last night was a drop in concentration. I didn't run it, but went straight through. I'm really angry with myself this morning as I put myself and possibly somebody else at risk but luckily it was late at night and very quiet. No excuses but I have had a seriously bad week and my mind is all over the place at the moment.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
    Never had one in 38 years of driving, fortunately.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Also none in all my years of driving and riding. Passed my bike test in 71 and car test in 73. Just been lucky I think, I wasn't particularly careful when I was younger. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    None, clear for a good few years. Most I've had at one point was 6. Tbh, I take it easy most trips. Speeding on aything other than a motorway is real twattish behaviour.

I did a speed awareness course a few years ago, got nabbed on the M40 doing 86, and that course really made me think. Have to say it did its job really.

Speeding in residential areas is the worst - drives me nuts. It could be my kid that some arse mows down cos he was doing 40 in a 30. Makes all the difference
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Snap said:
    None, clear for a good few years. Most I've had at one point was 6. Tbh, I take it easy most trips. Speeding on aything other than a motorway is real twattish behaviour.

I did a speed awareness course a few years ago, got nabbed on the M40 doing 86, and that course really made me think. Have to say it did its job really.

Speeding in residential areas is the worst - drives me nuts. It could be my kid that some arse mows down cos he was doing 40 in a 30. Makes all the difference
    ^ this

Not to put too much of a downer on this thread (he says, putting a downer on this thread) but whilst I have vague sympathy for being done going a little bit too fast on a clear motorway, being done for razzing around residential areas where kids are playing should be felt with the same level of shame as drink driving. 
    We've had 2 people killed near us on a 30mph single lane downhill road in a London suburb by speeding drivers. Not good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    None in about two years of driving, touch wood.

Have been on two awareness courses though - my luck runs out from here.

Got the driving safety course when I got done for being on my phone - was lost on my way to a gig and called my singer for directions. I was on a quiet road on a Sunday evening doing 20 mph. A couple of months after I was caught, it went up from a 3 point offence to a 6 point one. I've never done it since, and won't again.

Got the speeding course after getting caught on Hanger Lane in west London, doing 36 in a 30... at five to midnight, when there were absolutely no cars or pedestrians around to hit. I'm still a bit annoyed about that one.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24175
    None.

I had 3 points for speeding when I was about 23 but nothing since then.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    I drive in London - what is this speeding thing you talk about?

The place is now full of 20mph signs - not sure they can nice you for going over it - I think it's still a 30. If you stick to the 20 people cycle past you.

I did get 3 points when I lived in Northern Ireland - the temptation to speed there is too much... too many backroads.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26553
    None, but then...it's only been a couple of months.

Starting to get a bit pissed off with people on the road, though - I stick religiously to the speed limit (given that 6 points = disqualification for the first two years), and I've constantly got assholes tailgating me. Perhaps it's the car...if I was driving an Aygo, I probably wouldn't get so much attitude.
    <space for hire>