What's Hot
SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
edited July 2017 in Guitar

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    They encourage more bum notes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Another nail in the coffin for the "Tonewood" myth.

Hey... coffin... that gives me a great idea...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    So lets jump on the green bandwagon, in order to justify a ridiculously extortionate price. For $12k I would want it to be made of something a damn sight more impressive than the old floorboard of a bowling alley.

For that price, I would expect a nut cut from unicorn horn at the very least. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    I bet Leo would have a good chuckle at that...

Fools and their money and all that.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    For $12k I can buy a nice 50's refin Esquire :)
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    I like the look of them a lot... the price not so much! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they look good as well - but a tad expensive for a partscaster made from scrap wood!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5412
    Not much time left to milk the boomers. Gotta get while the getting is easy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    I saw these a couple of weeks ago on a news update/launch flyer - needless to say I did not order any - Yet I believe they have all been sold - I think it is a guitar for the USA market - Would I have one  ? - No - Will it be a good guitar ? - You assume so - is it worth it ? - you decide

At least they can offer a guitar with some USA history - An equivalent from us would be made of plastic from a shit seat at Wembley
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    An equivalent from the UK would be the beams from a 12th Century castle. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    I was at a salvage/recycle yard recently and there was a mahogany wardrobe there dating from the 1880s. It was bloody useless as a wardobe and it was damaged, but one of the sides of the piece was a solid one piece board that was probably about a good inch thick, and was very straight grained. You could have got at least four Tele bodies out of this - yes, you'd have to layer the wood to get to the right thickness, but I'd imagine it was Honduras mahogany. The cost of this wardrobe, because it was a state, was £60.

I was tempted - in the end a friend has bought it (£45), not with guitar making in mind but he's salvaged the wood to make some bedside cabinets. Seems a waste in some ways, but I guarantee that had it sat there for much longer, come November 5th it would have had a different ending.

Point is, if you want to build stuff out of recycled materials there are far cheaper ways of doing so. I'd like to see more manufacturers doing this, as its much better for the environment but it pisses me off like mad that there is always a price hike when ever "recycled materials" come into the equation.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    $12000 and it's only got one pickup?

Pish!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I think they look great, but the price is really taking the piss!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.