Mooer 8-way pedal daisychain - anyone using?

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 795
Board current draw will be 2x100mA toneprint pedals, a TU-2 and Frantone  Vibutron at about 60mA each, and 4 other low-draw analogue pedals (chorus, boost, OD etc). 

PSU will be diago micropower 9.

I've emailed Mooer to check what their max rating is for the daisychain but was wondering if anyone's using one.

Alternatively I could use two of the Diago daisychains linked with the unused plugs insulated, as I know they're sturdy, but a single 8-way would be neater. 

I suppose eventually I'm looking to get a Cioks or something similar, but for the meantime it would be handy to run the board off one plug.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    As long as the total current draw of all your pedals is less than the PSU you'll be fine, the daisychain cable is more than thick enough to take a few amps so wont be a limiting factor
  • Cheers fella, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm assuming the Mooer daisychain will connect just fine with the Diago PSU as it's just yer standard plug. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

Yes, it will, standard Boss style barrel connectors on both 

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    Should be fine. But here's the kicker. I was powering a medium size board in a similar way and was getting a few noise issues. Not that it stopped me using it, but just enough to irritate me. So I bit the bullet, chucked away the daisy chains and the one spot and bought a voodoo labs brick. Omg....my board is not ultra quiet. Well chuffed. 

So so if you start to get noise, suggest a proper power supply
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • The daisychain arrived yesterday - wired it up and at home volumes there's no added noise. If I notice any significant noise playing louder I'll plan to get an isolated one (I'd initially looked at a Cioks DC-8 before realising you can't actually power 8x 9v pedals with it)