SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Gibson SG-3 USA rare Cherry gold h/ware 227 of 500 custom standard Bareknuckle £699

LeiversaloneLeiversalone Frets: 343
edited July 2017 in Guitars £

One of nicest SG's you will come across, heritage cherry with gold hardware

2007 Gibson USA guitar of the week limited to 500 SG's this is number 227 (C227 - the 'C' stand for Cherry as there were also 500 Black SG's made)

This is essentially a cross between a standard and a custom. It has the 59 round neck profile with 3 humbuckers and a 6 way toggle with 1 master volume and 1 master tone

The gold bridge pup is a 57 classic + (slightly hotter than a normal 57 - very Angus

The middle pup is a standard 57 classic

The neck pup was originally another 57 but they sounded too similar to my ear so the neck was upgraded to a humbucker sized Bareknuckle p90 Mississippi Queen to give the SG the maximum amount of vintage hot tones possible

Beautifully figured rosewood bound neck

The SG has been well played but remains in great working order with no issues other than the gold has begun to fade and tarnish from playing which is common

Guitar comes with the original fitted Gibson hardcase

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Where are you based chap and any trades?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LeiversaloneLeiversalone Frets: 343
    Hi, I'd love to take trades but the truth is I'm only selling this as I've bought too much new gear and I need to shift some stuff I'm not playing so much. I'm in Cornwall, but I'm happy to post :)
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    Hi, do you still have the 57 Classic from the neck position?
  • LeiversaloneLeiversalone Frets: 343
    HI, the original pick-up was sold to fund the expensive replacement, however they are easy to find if you wanted to put it back to stock.
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1460
    I used to have one of these for slide - great SGs, almost stratty in the in-between positions
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    Bloody lovely. ...

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum