Any Les Paul Junior experts around? I am trying to find out what years

adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
in recent times they have released double cut juniors in TV yellow? 

I've been keeping an eye out for one for a long time now but they don't come around often. I've seen the Billie Joe Armstrong model but just wondered if there were any other years.Ideally I'd love a vintage one but don't have that kind of money. Any I do see come up for sale seem to be in Japan. 

I hope Gibson release one again soon as I'd snap it up in a second (totally against my making extra money thread)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    If it has to be TV yellow (I'm the same only like them in yellow) pickup a bargain one that's a bit rough around the edges and get it refinished?
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    edited July 2017
    I am such a geek for them I want it to say TV Model on the head stock  

I was even tempted to have a replica built in china but decided against it. 

I already have a single cut junior in vintage sunburst which I love which I bought from GAK this year one of those weird limited runs though I can't find anything on the gibson site about it at all. 

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/Gibson-USA-2016-Limited-Les-Paul-Junior-Vintage-Sunburst/78416

Those guys in Switzerland seem to have them in sometimes. I can't remember the name.

Though doublecuts don't seem to turn up for sale very often whatever the colour.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    I understand your yearning.

I'd love a DC Special in TV yellow.

Only see Custom shop versions.  :/
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    adamm82 said:
    I am such a geek for them I want it to say TV Model on the head stock  

I was even tempted to have a replica built in china but decided against it. 

I already have a single cut junior in vintage sunburst which I love which I bought from GAK this year one of those weird limited runs though I can't find anything on the gibson site about it at all. 

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/Gibson-USA-2016-Limited-Les-Paul-Junior-Vintage-Sunburst/78416

Those guys in Switzerland seem to have them in sometimes. I can't remember the name.

Though doublecuts don't seem to turn up for sale very often whatever the colour.

How do you rate the junior quite tempted by one.