SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB something old

What's Hot
mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 61
edited July 2017 in Guitars £
Looking for something old ideally a hofner or framus electric (solid or hollow)  hadn't thought further than that but  at the moment, budget is up to £300 all in
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My wife? You'll have change.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 600
    Ibanez 2020 Strat? 1971 ish.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 61
    Not for me, cheers though 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    Not to put you off your hunt and my apologies if I'm stating the obvious here but a lot of old hofners etc that are in your price range are going to be virtually unplayable.

Are you comfortable with this guitar just being wall art? Do you intend to repair it if necessary (a labour of love so to speak)? Or are you hoping to get something that is still playable because if you are, I fear you may have to double your budget with the price tags that are currently attached to so called 'vintage' instruments.
    edited July 2017
    Don't mind doing a bit of work, but I also find if you are patient you tend to find, over the past couple of years I've got a perfectly playable 1969 harmony H64 for £300, a 1964 mogar double cut way hollow body with original de armonds for £180.and a Fenton weill fibre tone in need of a lot of work for £40

Cheers for advise though, part of the fun is setting a low budget

I've also been offered been offered a eko 290 barracuda for £240, that has scratchy pots and is missing the scratch plate, but other than that looks pretty good, but I'm hanging out for something German, if any one fancys the barracuda let me know and I'll get the guys details
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    edited July 2017
    you can have this early '60s Hoyer solid for £100 - I bought it for more but need to shift it, no time or space! can send more pics later, am at work now...

Yes please 
    edited July 2017
    cool old oddball German thing c1962 - here are the original auction pics from last yr https://www.flickr.com/photos/simonm1965/albums/72157650835679394  

it had been refinished in the past and then scraped back to the orig finish underneath. I have done some fine sanding and buffing to make it look a bit nicer and added one layer of tru-oil. i've also re-done the fretboard binding. The selector knob in the pic above is for decoration only - it was just stuck on for the photo - there is no switch and one of the pots is broken. otherwise - what you see etc. neck is on the chunky side. it does have an adjustable truss rod.

I had been looking for a 1950s Colorama when this popped up, but i don't have the energy to deal with it.
    Cheers mate, I've just been offered (in the last 10mins)a 1961 colorama myself which Is fair bit under budget, I'm going to check it out next Sunday thanks for your time though sorry
    no worries