SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 400 "GUITARIST" mags + CDS. From 1984

What's Hot
stevehsteveh Frets: 228
edited July 2017 in Misc £
HI - I've been a Guitarist subscriber since 1985 and stopped in 2016. 
I've been playing steel-string and classical almost exclusively for a good few years and now rarely browse through Guitarist as a consequence, so time to clear this lot out.

I have: Sept 1984 (vol 1 no. 4) and then the complete set from March 1985 right throught to July 2016 inclusive. That's exactly 400 magazines! I also have all of the CDS that came with these (i.e. hundreds!). There's ton of reading material here that will keep any guitar fan busy for years; interviews, reviews, transcriptions etc. Fascinating reading back through reviews of gear that went on to become legendary. Lord knows I spent years of my life reading through it avidly every month.

I reckon a measly £1 per issue is fair? I want to sell as a job lot and it will need collecting - can't possibly package all this lot up and it weighs a ton. I'm in St. Albans near London. PM me of interested.
ta, Steve

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4323/35715448870_865a4a32f7_b.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    beed84 said:
    WOW !!

Thanks for the Tag @beed84

If the seller is willing to sell just the 12 Issues from 1988, I'm not far from St.Albans?

If it's for sale as a complete job lot then of course I'll understand and I couldn't spend that much or have space for that many but I am looking for the 1988 issues if you fancy selling those.
    Thanks.
    :)
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Alnico said:
    beed84 said:
    WOW !!

No problem. I've got my fingers crossed you get them!
    beed84 said:
    Alnico said:
    beed84 said:
    WOW !!

No problem. I've got my fingers crossed you get them!
    Thanks, That's really nice of you.
    I will do one way or another and I'm not in any big rush.
    I'd just like it to be one of us lot here and make a little bit more kinda special plus I'd like whatever money gets paid for them to go to a forum member.
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 228
    edited July 2017
    beed84 said:

WOW !!

Thanks for the Tag @beed84 

If the seller is willing to sell just the 12 Issues from 1988, I'm not far from St.Albans?

If it's for sale as a complete job lot then of course I'll understand and I couldn't spend that much or have space for that many but I am looking for the 1988 issues if you fancy selling those.
    Thanks.

Sorry mate: I really want to sell this as a job lot and it won't be very attractive to someone else if 1988 is missing. You could buy them and flog the rest... ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    steveh said:
    beed84 said:

WOW !!

Thanks for the Tag @beed84 

Thanks.

Sorry mate: I really want to sell this as a job lot and it won't be very attractive to smeone else if 1988 is missing. You could buy them and flog the rest...;)

Thanks,
    I've just had someone reply to my advert for the 1988 Issues who has them so I'm sorted now I think.

Thanks for replying though and Good Luck with your sale.
    :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    These things *never* sell. 

I suspect even if you made it a penny a copy, collection only, have to take them all, they'd still not go. 

Recycle them or take them to a charity shop. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    :'(  Trying to shift 400 in one go is very ambitious, especially as it's collection only. You might have more luck if you did them in bundles of a year and offered postage, but like Tim says ^ , sorry to say they've always been difficult to get rid of, even for free.
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    edited July 2017
    If you were open to selling off years at £2 an issue and shipping via Collect+ (or something else cheap) I would be interested in a random year. Something from my wilderness (acoustic only) years.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    I tried selling the first twelve issues a while back - and didn't get a single bite.   Hope you get luckier than me....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 228
    boogieman said:
    :'(  Trying to shift 400 in one go is very ambitious, especially as it's collection only. You might have more luck if you did them in bundles of a year and offered postage, but like Tim says ^ , sorry to say they've always been difficult to get rid of, even for free.
    Yeah - I know I'd do better if I split them up etc. but, TBH, given what I'd get for them, it's just not worth the effort advertising them/packing them up for 20 odd quid a year. I'm really only looking to get rid in one go and am happy to look at any offers.

...and I've got a ton of Guitar World, Guitar Player, and 15 years worth of Rhythm to get rid of also. House looks like a hoarders place! 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    I also had to throw a lot of mine away. I managed to sell ones individually on eBay but only issues that had people like Hendrix on the cover. No one was interested in the rest. 

I've got 10 or more years of Guitar Techniques taking up space as they're all on my ipad. Can't bring myself to get rid though.