SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTS 1989 (!) Ibanez 540S - SOLD £265

What's Hot
LaCathedrale_UKLaCathedrale_UK Frets: 105
edited August 2017 in Guitars £
1988 Ibanez HSS 540S in Blackberry Burst  
£260 no case  / £280 with case / £285 shipped with case: with DiMarzio Gravity Storm / True Velvet / Chopper pickups, original perfectly balanced Edge trem (the original, fitted on Jems!) and has had a recent fret dress and setup. It's an old guitar and as such has some dings and dents,  but plays very smoothly.  PICTURES ->> http://imgur.com/a/Lio4F

£340 - The Fender is a MIM Nashville Telecaster converted with a bakelite guard and a set of Oil City pickups (HT Angel neck, 49'er Broadcaster-spec bridge)  and an Axes R Us premium vintage-spec wiring loom with treble bleed circuit. Converted by a local luthier. I could chuck in the original guard and pickups too, if desired. SOLD -> http://imgur.com/a/mbzfx

£160 - The Acoustic is a Tanglewood TW73 (now my pic!), parlour acoustic - restored lovingly by aforementioned luthier and playing like a dream with a fresh set of strings: WITHDRAWN -> http://imgur.com/a/JUtt3

Let me know if you're interested and I can hit you up with Youtube demos of the instruments, send specific pictures, or just generally chew the fat. If you're interested in just one,  please let me know - but ideally I'd like to move them on together.

Thanks,
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    Where are you located please?
  • I'm in SE4, London - about 15 mins from London Bridge/Victoria/etc.
  • If anyone wants to make me an insulting offer on this trade, please feel free.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    6 Freddo 3 monster munch ( flaming hot) and a Curly Wurly insulting enough? ;-)
  • Certainly, but not enough to get me to stop!

Added some prices for individual sales.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Great price on the 540s. If I hadn't just bought one (for a lot more), I'd have been all over that.
  • Loads of Ibanez pictures: 
    http://imgur.com/a/Lio4F
  • Loads of Tele pictures here:
    http://imgur.com/a/mbzfx
  • Acoustic pictures here:
    http://imgur.com/a/JUtt3
  • Hi guys, 

MIM Telecaster is gone and the wife wants to keep the Tanglewood - so only the Ibanez left. I've got the hardcase sorted for it, so adjusted properly to include sale price and postage.

Thanks,
    PM'd. 
  • On hold pending deposit being paid on Monday - register your interest if you want first dibs after that :)
  • Available again, the idiot who messaged me pleading to hold on to it for the last few days was a total time waster so here we are.

This is the last and only time I'm going to bump this, because I'm no longer in a rush to raise funds for another instrument and given the number of time wasters on what is frankly a pretty darned good deal, it's rapidly becoming a zero-sum prospect.

Thanks,
  • Yep, so I can't believe it but, this ended up selling for £265. I'm satisfied that this is simply the market rate for the guitar, but I'm just very surprised - I thought not only would it go for more, but go more quickly too. Nevermind, ever onward!
  • I've only just seen this... I'd have given you more than that for it! aaarghhh
  • @oozelumbird  not being funny, but it was a complete giveaway at that price! If the guy was going to give me any hassle at all, I was going to walk away and just keep it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I know! I just don't get why these, and older RG's, go as cheap as they do, equivalent modern IBZ models are £1500-2000... o
    I posted a thread last week saying there is a seller on ebay selling loads of these for around £800, and is this the actual value?
    I suppose this answers my question. Until it turns out it was him that bought it from you and this turns up on there at £800 haha.
    I really hope that doesn't happen by the way because it takes the piss.
    I bought my first ever proper Japanese ibanez for a similarly low price when I was 16. Saved up my £20 a week wages for ages. I've still got it now and it's still my favourite guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LaCathedrale_UKLaCathedrale_UK Frets: 105
    edited August 2017
    I bought it for about £350 shipped if i remember correctly, and that was without the Dimarzios in it so I'm probably about £160 in the hole over the instrument, but despite my frustration at the price I let it go for, it's going to a good home - the chap is of this parish and has a bundle of them and seems a nice chap all around. 

With regard to prices, If you look at Ebay's completed listings for 540S's they do seem to vary greatly - if it's got a sharktooth inlaid neck it goes for significantly more.