Framus AK 1974

FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Now this is a bit different ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2014
    I am a massive, massive Devin Townsend fan but that guitar really, really does not do it for me.

Amazing work construction-wise (the wooden Mandelbrot thing, wow!) but the overall look is a bit too weird.

The music he makes with it though... oh my god.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Not what I would choose to play, but there is some serious craftsmanship there. 
  • Wow, I really enjoyed that video.

Great to see the craftsmanship in action.

Quite satisfying for the inner maths geek in me too.
    :)

• WezVWezV Frets: 16670
    i love it in many ways, although it really does show how pointless a white finish on flamed maple is.   such a nice top hidden behind white pigment :(

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    I like the Mandelbrot inlay. The guitar, not so much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Always loved the AK1974, and I'm partial to a bit of Devin (really need to check him out some more). I actually really like that guitar, superb craftsmanship and that inlay wow. I'm always happy not to see another black guitar :D
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.