Suhr Koko Boost.... or alternatives?

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24170
Having bought a Suhr Badger 30 amp, naturally I'm getting recommendations for the Suhr Koko Boost to go with it.

But it's £200 for a 2 channel clean boost.

Does it actually do anything that an EQ pedal can't?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• From what I know of the koko boost it just enhances a mid frequency? If that's true then no it can't out perform an eq? It also has a volume boost but a second hand boss graphic eq and a micro amp or EH lpb will come in well under 200 and the graphic eq is more flexible. I like the look of the koko boost but to answer your question. No
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Get a TC Spark Booster. That gives similar clean and mid boost options, plus the great "fat" boost mode, and EQ and gain controls that you don't have on that Koko

I had a Koko as well (old version) and while it was great straight out of the (very pretty) box it is expensive and big, although the new version is single pedal size so that solves one of the issues. 
  • It also hás a good buffer. If you use or plan to use a pedal looper/switcher with function relays, like a musicom or similar, you can switch the clean boost or the mid boost remotely. It's a nice feature, more pedals should have this.

• One on eBay for £135 if you still want one