Ozone 7

Any Ozone 7 users on here? I am having a very strange issue with it - however only on one tune. The issue is that it sounds like a slapback delay has been put over everything in the file.This happens using Ozone as a plugin on the master bus and also as a standalone application. It does not happen on any other tunes. It does not happen on the PC based system of @Luminous, who did the mastering. (I am using a macbook pro). It does not do it using different presets (Luminous saved his mastering as presets and sent them to me, the idea being that I could still tweak the multitracks and then render different formats as required.

It is most perplexing. If anyone has any ideas what is going on, I would be delighted to learn...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I've used Ozone since the get go and have Ozone 7. It's really designed for mixes so sticking it on the master bus is fine but sticking it on individual tracks isn't what it is designed to do. That said it wouldn't cause the problem you are experiencing.

What DAW are you using? Is the slapback delay over one track or the whole mix? What happens if you disable Ozone?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    It's a file in the stand alone version....
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    No idea but I'd contact iZotope support, sounds like a bug.

Probably best to try switching each module on and off and seeing if it is a specific one, then you can try playing with the controls
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I've tried standalone and plug in - it's only with one song! Tried switching off individual modules but that doesn't make any difference. Mr @luminous has kindly rendered the file on his system, so I have what I need for the moment, but it is such a strange issue I thought I would check to see if anyone else had experienced it - nothing came up on Google when I tried that...
    Thanks for your contributions.