Anyone got a SIMBA mattress?

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
Looking at one of these as I just don't sleep well on the medium mattress I have now, and have basically constant back pain and unrestful sleep. 

Simba seems to tick all the boxes, gets great reviews and has a 100 night no questions asked trial. Also allows for 0% as well, so I can keep the money in my bank and pay over the next few months, if I want. 

But looking for real world feedback from anyone who has one before I bite the bullet. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Is it made from real lion cubs?

I'll get my coat.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited July 2017
    We've been thinking about a new mattress too. Didn't know anything about Simba but I just had a quick look at their site. At least their price is reasonable .. a Tempur mattress is over two grand for a king size.  o

Seeing as how they do the 100 night free trial thing why not just give it a go? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    boogieman said:
    We've been thinking about a new mattress too. Didn't know anything about Simba but I just had a quick look at their site. At least their price is reasonable .. a Tempur mattress is over two grand for a king size.  o

that was my thoughts exactly.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Seriously this time, I'm looking for a new matress as well. Somebody recommended Casper https://casper.com/uk/en/
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Listen to a podcast or two and you'll find a load of discount codes available for casper or samba mattresses.
    FX_Munkee said:
    Seriously this time, I'm looking for a new matress as well. Somebody recommended Casper https://casper.com/uk/en/
    Seems very similar to the Simba (and the "EVE") for that matter. But Simba has a Pocket Spring layer, which I like the sound of. Just need to persuade the wife and I'm going to order one I think. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    There seem to be several makers all with the same sort of super-hi-tech adverts. Simba / Casper / Leesa etc etc

They appear to be similar products.

They do interest me - my missus has spine surgery several years ago and finds comfortable sleeping to be very rare.
    edited July 2017
    There seem to be several makers all with the same sort of super-hi-tech adverts. Simba / Casper / Leesa etc etc

They appear to be similar products.

They do interest me - my missus has spine surgery several years ago and finds comfortable sleeping to be very rare.
    Yep - Emma and Simba are both manufactured in Derby too, so probably using the same materials and/or coming out of the same factory. 

the 100 night thing kind of makes it a no brainer, but I suppose if it's no good, and you've got rid of your old mattress, you're stumped with having to try and find another at short notice. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    boogieman said:

Ours is Tempur is super king. Didn't pay anything like that for it though ( although I think there are slightly different grades of what they do). The process seems to be that if you buy direct you can get the free trial or buy from a shop for half the price but no free trial ( just normal consumer rights). It's fine but I can't say it's changed my world although MrsTheWeary ( who spends a lot longer in bed than I do) loves it. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited July 2017
      EricTheWeary said:
    boogieman said:

Ours is Tempur is super king. Didn't pay anything like that for it though ( although I think there are slightly different grades of what they do). The process seems to be that if you buy direct you can get the free trial or buy from a shop for half the price but no free trial ( just normal consumer rights). It's fine but I can't say it's changed my world although MrsTheWeary ( who spends a lot longer in bed than I do) loves it. 

I was looking on the Tempur site yesterday, the basic grade kingsize was over £2k. I don't bother looking any further! 

What a strange set up (Tempur's, not you and your wife!). If you were smart, you could try the mattress on the 100 night trial, say you didn't like it, send it back and then buy it from a shop for half the cost.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    boogieman said:
      EricTheWeary said:
    boogieman said:

I was looking on the Tempur site yesterday, the basic grade kingsize was over £2k. I don't bother looking any further! 

What a strange set up (Tempur's, not you and your wife!). If you were smart, you could try the mattress on the 100 night trial, say you didn't like it, send it back and then buy it from a shop for half the cost.

Yep, I'm pretty sure you could. 

Amazing how much a mattress can cost when you start looking at places like John Lewis. I'm not sure knowing I'd spent £5k on a mattress would actually let me rest easily. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28146
    I changed mattress recently. Looked at all of the new ones and ended up ordering an Otty. Springs and foam like the Simba, but also a cooling gel layer. And free pillows, which turned out to be excellent.

Took a few nights to get used to it but now very comfy. I doubt there's a vast difference between them all, but the cooling thing is nice.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Sporky said:
    I changed mattress recently. Looked at all of the new ones and ended up ordering an Otty. Springs and foam like the Simba, but also a cooling gel layer. And free pillows, which turned out to be excellent.

Took a few nights to get used to it but now very comfy. I doubt there's a vast difference between them all, but the cooling thing is nice.
    Bookmarked - mattress is wearing out, and I'm a sweaty b***ard at the best of times.
    Sporky said:

Googling the shit out of that later then. Is it relatively firm and supportive? as mine feels like a waterbed at the minute, which plays havoc with my back. 
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    I got a Simba about 10 months ago thinking I'd get it collected in the 1st hundred days if I didn't like it.
    really comfy. never considered sending it back.
    the only downside was we needed bigger fitted sheets to accommodate the thicker mattress, although standard size will do the job in the short term
    joneve said:
    Sporky said:

Googling the shit out of that later then. Is it relatively firm and supportive? as mine feels like a waterbed at the minute, which plays havoc with my back. 
    It is. It's a bit odd, in that it feels quite firm (not uncomfortably so) when lying on my back, but I mostly sleep on my side and it's nicely supportive that way too. The previous mattress was a traditional pocket-sprung with a foam topper and had huge dimples in it which were quite annoying; the Otty is better in all respects.
    edited July 2017
    Sporky said:
    joneve said:
    Sporky said:

It is. It's a bit odd, in that it feels quite firm (not uncomfortably so) when lying on my back, but I mostly sleep on my side and it's nicely supportive that way too. The previous mattress was a traditional pocket-sprung with a foam topper and had huge dimples in it which were quite annoying; the Otty is better in all respects.
    sounds like I need to order one of these STAT. Free pillows are a nice bonus too. 
    We got the dog bed too, and it's the first one that Sprocket has deemed good enough to sleep on. The snobby bitch.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    We got the dog bed too, and it's the first one that Sprocket has deemed good enough to sleep on. The snobby bitch.
    haha! I did see that and wonder whether I needed to buy it.