SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1967 Vintage Marshall Pinstripe 4x12 Strap Handle - Restored - Unloaded

Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
edited August 2017 in Amps £

More photos and full description on reverb.com

Super rare 1967 genuine Marshall Pinstripe cab. Same style of cab as used by Hendrix and Cream in their heyday.

Please note: this is a restored cabinet.

It has had a full makeover and woodwork restore: Sides repaired where someone had installed plastic 'Re-an' slot handles. Rear edges re-shaped with strips of genuine birch ply, not wood filler. Full re-tolex and re-grill, with the superb Eric Collins "true replica" pinstripe material. Baffle and back panel screws, and cheese head speaker screws are reproduction, the logo is also reproduction.

I have tried to restore it as faithfully as possible with genuine gold piping from the period, accurate repro handles, tolex cut the same way etc. The tolexing has been done to a good standard, but please do not expect perfection.

No speakers or wiring are included.

Without getting too nerdy, it can be dated to 1967 by the slightly wider wooden bracing inside with the triangular cutouts for the handle T-nuts. This is a transitional feature only found on the very last butt jointed cabs (but standard for the finger jointed cabs). Email me if you need any more details about dating and authentication.

Great looking and very rare vintage cab. Good luck finding another one of these strap handle cabs any time soon, in ANY condition.

Looking for around 1100 GBP, but make me an offer. Can ship to Europe, USA and Canada no problem.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom