Some of my stuff....

What's Hot
WARNING AMBIENT CONTENT!!!!! ;-)

So I decided to make more of an attempt to be a bit more "creative" I guess. None of this is particulalry ground breaking or good but hey ho! I'm gonna try and keep to a bit of a routine, hopefully weekly but I'm sure life will get in the way!

First up is something I was working on a few months back but just finished off! The track can be found here:

Second is a crappy home video posted to youtube. I decided I might try and put out a weekly improvised jam. So I guess its very meandering but theres a few good ideas in there I think?

If you just want the audio its here:

Anyways Im always open to comments both negative and positive so give me a shout! 
How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396

Me and my mate messing around. Rough and ready.....
    How very rock and roll
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    A bit too ambient for me personally, not knocking it of course but not quite my cup of tea.

Was your mate smoking something weird at the 7 minute mark in the last video??
    axisus said:
    A bit too ambient for me personally, not knocking it of course but not quite my cup of tea.

Jesus, I'm impressed you made it to 7 minutes!!!! Appreciate you having a look. No mind altering substances were used! 
    How very rock and roll
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    axisus said:

Jesus, I'm impressed you made it to 7 minutes!!!! Appreciate you having a look. No mind altering substances were used! 
    Well, the video content wasn't exactly inspiring to be honest so I had it on in a small window whilst reading other threads, then I glanced up and thought WTF?????
    Hahahaha if we ever get a gig can I quote that to put on the poster please?
    How very rock and roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hey Ben, some nice ambient ideas here. You might want to mic up your amps and the room in future though - kinda hard to hear everything properly!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That first one was really nice, almost put me to sleep - In a good way :)
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    I like it. cool as you like. Welll tripppy

• Two more experiments that I've uploaded to our Soundcloud. Have a listen and feel free to drop us any comments!
    How very rock and roll
  • Love some ambient vibes. Sigur ross came to mind

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• RsGRsG Frets: 0
    Nice music.....I love experimental stuff

• How very rock and roll
  • Only just noticed the kind comments above, thank you guys. Latest tune is sprawling but we are pretty happy with how it has turned out. 
    How very rock and roll
  • New track. Feed back please. https://youtu.be/CAX-YXUIiXM
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    Hi @benmurray85 ; just listened to your tracks in this thread - they're fantastic. There's nothing wrong with subtlety in music, and this is just really nice ambient stuff without enough about it to make it different from what people often wrongly call "background music". I'm a keen ambient guitarist myself and after years of not having/being able to afford the right pedals and a brief break from guitar playing, the last couple of years have seen me get back into it in a big way. I'm investing in the kinds of pedals I've always wanted and some of the most interesting new ones, and in my band (me and the drummer) we play this kind of thing and other ambien/post rock stuff. Really loving your stuff dude, will try and keep listening to it as you post it. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs