Jon Gomm live ? (in Cheltenham for anyone who might be interested)

VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
just seen he's playing in Cheltenham in September, worth going? Not really a big fan of that acoustic tapping thing (although I appreciate he's obviously hugely talented!!), but I don't know his material at all and would definitely think about popping along if it's not all instrumentals. 

(It's at the Frog & Fiddle, nice venue in the lower high street; seem to be getting some bigger acts now, had Fozzy a few weeks ago!)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4287
    edited July 2017

He tends to sing, so it won't be just instrumentals.

Have a look at his YouTube channel:

www.youtube.com/user/jongomm

He's even on here from time to time. Calling @performingchimp

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    just seen he's playing in Cheltenham in September, worth going? Not really a big fan of that acoustic tapping thing (although I appreciate he's obviously hugely talented!!), but I don't know his material at all and would definitely think about popping along if it's not all instrumentals. 

(It's at the Frog & Fiddle, nice venue in the lower high street; seem to be getting some bigger acts now, had Fozzy a few weeks ago!)
    Was gutted that I missed Fozzy - I only found out about the gig the day after :( 

I'd be going to Jon's gig in Sept but I'm in Wales that weekend. Absolutely gutted as I've been wanting to catch him live for fucking ages! 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    joneve said:

Was gutted that I missed Fozzy - I only found out about the gig the day after :( 

I'd be going to Jon's gig in Sept but I'm in Wales that weekend. Absolutely gutted as I've been wanting to catch him live for fucking ages! 
    yeah me too, I found out a few days before but the tickets went way before that!
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    CHRISB50 said:

He tends to sing, so it won't be just instrumentals.

Have a look at his YouTube channel:

www.youtube.com/user/jongomm

He's even on here from time to time. Calling @performingchimp

ah cool, thanks. I did have a quick look and it was the instrumental stuff mostly, but have now found the songs as well.