We even solder the output jack...

What's Hot
... so the whole [thing] is ready to drop-in. 
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    What's the problem?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Fools!! the customer will never find out the nut on the jack has been pre-treated with loctite, now.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72258
    lol

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Brilliant plan that :)

I still don't get it. Someone help out the slow guy.  :-/
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Think about where the output is on a strat, and how you would install the socket with the wire passing through the body if it were soldered to the socket...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

Wouldn't you just unscrew the nut/ washer from the socket, feed the socket down the inside of the guitar until it pokes out the jack hole, then reattach the washer and nut to secure it?

Man I feel thick right now. 
    :))
    For what it's worth it looks like they've used a crap output jack too, so the simplest plan is to just cut the wires as close as you can to it, throw it away, buy a Switchcraft and do the job properly…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234

Cirrus said:
    Wouldn't you just unscrew the nut/ washer from the socket, feed the socket down the inside of the guitar until it pokes out the jack hole, then reattach the washer and nut to secure it?

You could if the hole between the two cavities hadn't been drilled just wide enough for the  wire to go thru... :)

• It'd work fine on a Tele...

Nope, it's still just ridiculous.
  • ICBM said:
    For what it's worth it looks like they've used a crap output jack too, so the simplest plan is to just cut the wires as close as you can to it, throw it away, buy a Switchcraft and do the job properly…
    The correct answer. :)
  • what the.............how the fu.......

how is that even a thing????
    How very rock and roll
    JookyChap said:

Cirrus said:

You could if the hole between the two cavities hadn't been drilled just wide enough for the  wire to go thru... :)
    Alright, I'm on board the wtf train now! Thanks Jooky. :))
  • Why's everyone knocking it?  It seems a great solution for someone who doesn't have a soldering iron but does have a 16mm wood bit.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'we need something to get the edge on our competitors'

'I GOT IT!'

No, no you do not.
    randomhandclaps said:

Why's everyone knocking it?  It seems a great solution for someone who doesn't have a soldering iron but does have a 16mm wood bit.
    22mm, more like!

I'd be very doubtful if you could get the angle to get it through actually. Yes I have spent far too much time trying to think about this seriously :).

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You could always run the wire to the jack on the outside of the guitar.. That'd look pretty cool..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    usedtobe;165359" said:
    You could always run the wire to the jack on the outside of the guitar.. That'd look pretty cool..
    I might try that with my DVD player and sky box cables that connect to my tv. Too cool for school, man.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Doh!

They should have just soldered the wires to the jack, trimmed them to a good length to work with and tinned the other ends and the back of the pot (and not soldered them to the pot) . 
    Then the player has just 2 solder joints to make which is about the least work that you would have to do

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• vizviz Frets: 10682
    Or supplied the guitar too
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.