Free movement between UK and EU to end in March 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Pussy Galore innit bruv.

Or Rosa Kleb

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Pussy Galore innit bruv.
    God yes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    There'll still be free movement, just not right of work/residence.
    Maybe Duty Free will be reinstated too!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    So will I get taxed every time I move an arm or a leg now?
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    To answer the question literally, I'm considering buy a house in Ireland and living there for 5 years, if it dont work out. 

However, I'm getting sick and tired of all the scare mongering, sabre rattling etc by various news sources who have simply picked a dogma and use confirmation bias to explain every good or bad thing that has happened since the referendum. 

I have not told anyone how I voted and what I will say is that the whole thing was a clusterfudge of epic proportions. How can one sensibly vote for something with no information? What I mean by that is not lies. 

Every minute we get some story of how one incompetent politician has disagreed or contradicted another. 'Boris warns that there is no plan B' I'm pretty sure that there wasnt a plan A either. Or anything approaching something that could be called a plan even in the loosest terms. 'Gove says this' How can anyone give credibility to these idiots? 

I have learnt what strong and stable means, it means clueless. 

Roll on 2 years from Article 50, at least we'll know whether to get Irish citizenship or not. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    People voted for an end to immigration and free movement. Good luck with that ! 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I just ate a lot of pizza. Expect free movements in an hour.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4909
    holnrew said:
    I talk to a Croatian girl, maybe she'll let me marry for residence

Is that for her to stay in Wales, or for you to go to Croatia?  I'm not sure which I'd prefer...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I just ate a lot of pizza. Expect free movements in an hour.
    Has the opposite effect with me. Free movement suspended for a couple of days at least.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Can go any time I want anyway as wife and daughter are Spanish and the EU can't deny you your right to a family life. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    No. One twat in the government said that and everyone slapped him down. Free movement won't go - it will be modified to free movement to people who meet certain criteria and can get a job. All the UK ever wanted was to control who came in ....
    You know, in twenty years time, I can't help thinking a lot of people in Europe will sit back and go "you know, maybe we should have let the UK restrict free movement a bit, would have saved a lot of hassle.."
    I think in four years time, when the EU has realised that free unrestricted movement isn't all that great (Google court dispute between Croatia and Austria) we'll sit back and think we should have waited a while longer.
    Well the referendum was a bad decision, IMHO of course.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    mellowsun said:

I think the ability to live and work freely in an EU country is the biggest loss for Brexit.
    I found it surprising - perhaps even disturbing - that so many people appear to have been quite happy to chuck that privilege into the bin (for all they knew).  Perhaps soon to be repented at leisure by the very same.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    bodhi said:
    mellowsun said:

I think the ability to live and work freely in an EU country is the biggest loss for Brexit.
    I found it surprising - perhaps even disturbing - that so many people appear to have been quite happy to chuck that privilege into the bin (for all they knew).  Perhaps soon to be repented at leisure by the very same.
    LOL.

You think working class white people are working and living in the EU? Delusion. Absolutely delusional. The closest most of them get is going over to Calais from Dover on a booze cruise.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    So will I get taxed every time I move an arm or a leg now?
    Your right wrist is in for a hefty tax bill then

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    mellowsun said:

You should listen to Amber Rudd as free movement is staying in all but name. They have to register. And the dumb thing is we could have had a registration system under EU rules - France and Germany do it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/27/eu-citizens-will-still-allowed-come-uk-brexit-register-home/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Our current plan is to live 6 months of the year in the UK and the other 6 in Spain or Portugal, haven't decided yet.
    Free movement changes won't affect us.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    octatonic said:
    Our current plan is to live 6 months of the year in the UK and the other 6 in Spain or Portugal, haven't decided yet.
    Well of course it wont, you're upper class!!

Having free movement affects the working class because it affects the jobs they can get. Losing free movement affects the middle class because it changes how long they have to queue at the airport.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    octatonic said:

Having free movement affects the working class because it affects the jobs they can get. Losing free movement affects the middle class because it changes how long they have to queue at the airport.
    Lol, Australians are classless. In both senses of the word.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    octatonic said:

Lol, Australians are classless. In both senses of the word.
    That's not an Aussie.. this is an Aussie!

He's a yank now.
    Google 'Paul Hogan Australian Tax case'.