SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Strymon Flint or maybe something else Reverbotremolotastic

What's Hot
PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
So, I'm thinking about buying a s/h Strymon Flint but also wondering about getting a separate reverb and tremolo. Perhaps a TC HOF2 but not sure about the Trem.

Any suggestion? Anyone selling a Flint?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JeebasJeebas Frets: 105
    edited July 2017
    No Flint unfortunately but I do have a mint Source Audio Vertigo trem and a Neunaber Wet Stereo V2 in excellent condition if you're interested.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    For the Tremolo, I'd recommend the Suhr Jack Rabbit. Small size,  tap tempo if you want and also doubles up as a rather good clean boost. 
    I'm not looking to sell mine but I'm sure I saw one in the classifieds 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    Flint on gumtree today £180
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    Checking out recommendations....thanks, so far...
    Decided on a Flint. Anyone got one for sale?
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Great choice....I've had one for quite some time now and it does the combined job very well.

That said, the Neunaber Wet Stereo V2 is a more versatile 'verb....and even better with their exp pedal.

YMMV of course.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    Hmm. Neunaber is interesting, though if I was to get a dedicated reverb I might get the TC Hall of Fame 2.
    Don't get me wrong the Flint is a majestic pedal, but it's flaming expensive and remains so in the after-market.

edited August 2017
    SRich said:
    Don't get me wrong the Flint is a majestic pedal, but it's flaming expensive and remains so in the after-market.
    Yep. Seeing them go on ebay for around £220 + p&p. For a few squid more may as well get a new one with full warranty.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3817
    Got to be honest, I didn't rate the Flint when I tried it, especially for the money. Too digital sounding. For pretty much the same money as a used Flint, I've ended up with a used Demeter Tremulator and Catalinbread reverb. Obviously I've got less options (don't need them) and have to power two pedals, but the tone I'm getting is far superior in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    Lebarque said:
    Got to be honest, I didn't rate the Flint when I tried it, especially for the money. Too digital sounding. For pretty much the same money as a used Flint, I've ended up with a used Demeter Tremulator and Catalinbread reverb. Obviously I've got less options (don't need them) and have to power two pedals, but the tone I'm getting is far superior in my opinion.
    Spot on...I've had 2 Flints, because I thought I must have been mistaken the first time around.
    wasn't blown away at all...Especially for the money :s
    Hmmm...I shall reconsider my options...Heck, who needs tremolo anyways, I can waggle the volume pot... ;-)
    I have a Demeter Tremulator - Ry Cooder's choice of trem if you believe that bullshit - which isn't doing much currently.

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3817
    ^ Someone buy this. Best tremolo I've heard (blackface) and I've tried a few. Love mine.