SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold

What's Hot
albanovalbanov Frets: 55
edited March 2018 in Guitars £
Not really looking for trades at the moment but wouldn't totally rule it out.

Edit: Would consider trades / p/x for the tele for a LP custom/Deluxe/ES-types, Gretsch, Fender Jaguar, maybe a big headstock Strat

Prices below include postage in mainland UK.

Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 50’s Thinline relic - £1700

Super resonant, weighs 6.75 lbs. Rosewood neck with ’57 soft v profile which is chunky but not crazily so. 9.5” radius. Fretboard is ‘AAA Rosewood, sorted for dark’ according to the spec. Blackguard (bridge) and Twisted Tele (neck) pickups - neck unit balances very nicely with the bridge. Sounds great, maybe a bit more.. ‘complex’ than a standard tele? Certainly seems to have more of the hollow body character coming through than the other modern thinlines (MIM and US) I’ve played.

Finish is ‘Swamp Burst’  which as far as I can tell is a sunburst over one or other of the Fender blues. Has a bit more of a green-y tinge in the photos than in real life. 

Comes with all the COA and other case.. stuff (still can’t bear to call it ‘candy) including ashtray bridge cover and strap. 

Hallmark Custom 60 - £700 £625

Lovely Mosrite copy, best of the modern versions available in my experience. Not many of these in this country - I bought it from the US before that was a stupidly expensive thing to do.

Sound wise there’s elements of Jazzmaster, Gretsch and P90 in there but it’s very much it’s own thing -  may look quirky to some but I’ve had no trouble using it as my main guitar and finding all the sounds I needed. Neck and frets are slim but not stupid-tiny like the 60’s models, making it much easier to play without losing the charm of the originals. Great vibrato too, feels pretty much halfway between a JM and Bigsby to me. Scale length is 24 3/4, body is alder and the neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard. 

Good condition with a just a few marks in the finish shown in the photos. One of the photos show it with the Jazzmaster style witch hat knobs I had on for a while, but the original chrome ones are fitted now.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments