2 single coil Stratobastard

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited July 2017 in Making & Modding
I have all sorts of guitar parts littering the place up so decided to try and build a ratty guitar from what I have......
I decided to use a Strat body thats been in the loft for ages, ex Guitarbuild.co.uk Swamp Ash it had previously been sprayed badly by me with several runs and set aside in disgust for the paint to harden to rub back and I forgot it.....
So it was rubbed down and resprayed with Halfords rattlecan Satin Black dents and all...
For the neck, there is an Allparts Tele fat vee profile with rosewood board, I split the headstock drilling out the tuner holes and after glueing like the body it was left to sulk.....so I reprofiled the heel to suit the Strat pocket and sprayed the headstock to match the body.
Tuners were in stock and fitted along with a spare string tree.
So far, so good...
Hardware.....
I decided to go with two pickups as I had, erm, two pickups, a Bare Knuckle Sinner, bridge pickup, which I got from son and heir to the overdraft @simonbeckwith ages ago and a Creamery Strat size P90 neck pickup, these went into a matte black Strat scratchplate I had in the cupboard along with CTS pots, vol, tone, tone, treble bleed, Tele three way switch. Jazz Bass volume knobs on solid shafts.
The rest of the hardware, Wilky steel block trem etc came from Simon, when he sold his relic Strat in parts.
Turned out nice, sounds huge, still needs a setup, but its cost me very little.....

Waiting for a custom 2 pickup scratchplate to arrive......

http://i.imgur.com/wGr0rRj.jpg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments