Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wow! I love this Gibson!

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    That actually looks like one of those signs they hang outside guitar shops in Las Vegas, but playable :). Very cool, although I'm not sure I would own it.

Nice to see them doing something a bit different without trying to be as different as they normally do ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love it, the blue binding is really eye catching.

Kudos Gibson!
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    Not an LP man but I like that....everyone to their own I guess

Cheers
    Baz
    edited February 2014
    I love it, the blue binding is really eye catching.
    Is it actually blue, or did they just spray the blue transparent finish over the top of white? Looking at the edges of the fingerboard I suspect the latter.

Wondering because it makes a big difference to how it will wear...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM;165659" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Is it actually blue, or did they just spray the blue transparent finish over the top of white? Looking at the edges of the fingerboard I suspect the latter.

Ooo that's true.

Gibson custom cheaping out? Who would have thunk it...

(thinks of Vos historic 335 with no finish on the first holes for nearly two and a half grand and shudders).
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13567
    edited February 2014
    jd0272 said:
    That is fckng horrible. 

wisdom
    and that is three times worse
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    I actually like that a lot. Definitely for the big stage though, it would look very silly in a boozer.
  • I don't like the colour, and it has lost a pot. I don't like the blue, either.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    The Les Paul Cuprinol!
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Surely would have made more sense to make that mini toggle a push-pull as part of a normal tone control.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    ICBM said:

definitely sprayed on blue rather than blue binding.   first thing i saw was the white stripe at the top of the fretboard binding, its a bit of a bug-bear of mine since ESP started spraying mustard yellow  for the binding on the 'vintage black' models
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

Its ok...tolerable I think. The most sickest colours I've ever seen on a LP is now thankfully a thing of the past...remember Gecko?? There were a couple of other fugly sick colours around the same time but I forget their names now. But if your not familiar with Gecko...google it! Get the sick bucket ready first tho.

siraxeman said:

Its ok...tolerable I think. The most sickest colours I've ever seen on a LP is now thankfully a thing of the past...remember Gecko?? There were a couple of other fugly sick colours around the same time but I forget their names now. But if your not familiar with Gecko...google it! Get the sick bucket ready first tho.

It does look pretty bad - the slightly darker green ones a bit less so, unless I've just seen differences in the pics rather than the colour - but I still don't think anything beats Fender's Antigua "sickburst" *with the matching pickguard* for sheer this-looks-like-a-pool-of-vomit factor.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    Bleurgh, don't like either of them. Who's idea was it to supply a green guitar with a pink lined case? That makes it look even more pukey. :-S  It's not like Gibson don't have a choice of coloured fur linings.
    if it (the OP)  were say,  faded amber, wine or aged honey/desert burst - Id like it  -  I dont like blue or green guitars. At all.  Ever.
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    Skarloey said:
    Surely would have made more sense to make that mini toggle a push-pull as part of a normal tone control.
    With a flick of the switch, she'll blow you sky high.
    With a flick of the switch, she can satisfy.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    /\Fair enough, but as AC/DC also might have sung

Don't be so timid
    Don't be so cold
    Pull Lester's knob
    And watch him explode.
    I think the Jumbo Jet instruction applies here
  • bertie;165880" said:
    if it (the OP)  were say,  faded amber, wine or aged honey/desert burst - Id like it  -  I dont like blue or green guitars. At all.  Ever.
    Yawnburst ;)

I really like it, but I find the usual colours immensely dull. Nice, but dull.

I like bright coloured guitars though. I still think the blue one looks cracking, but it's disappointing the custom shop cheaped out on the binding. :(
    I dont need bright colours to show off my talents   ;)

:D