A week on holiday with no guitar

axisusaxisus Frets: 28331
Just got back ...... plugged in today and my playing was the best it has been in a long time! For months my playing has felt pretty tired and useless, but it really felt like a new lease of life. Next time I feel like I'm rubbish again (probably next weekend) I'm gonna take an enforced break. 

Also, at the grand old age of 54 I am finally getting away from playing everything, including blues jams with insane amounts of disguise gain. All day without touching my usual setting, going for something much bluesier. It's been fun.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    I've had to send all my gear on ahead while I move. No guitar for three weeks, eek! Currently getting my musical thrills using Animoog on iPhone. I miss playing.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2549
    Sounds great! Taking a break is the best thing IMO for your guitar playing. Noodling through the same stuff day after day is non-productive. After a break I always play better and with more enthusiasm.
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1905
    I have developed many a fine riff after foreign business trips. I put it down to jetlag-induced creativity but it could be just down to the break I suppose...
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    cruxiform said:
    Sounds great! Taking a break is the best thing IMO for your guitar playing. Noodling through the same stuff day after day is non-productive. After a break I always play better and with more enthusiasm.
    A break can inject enthusiasm which day to day repetition kills but a break in playing also results in a loss of fluidity that takes a while to recover (ime). Six of one and a half dozen of the other.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    1 week isn't as bad as 1 year!
  • finest1finest1 Frets: 94
    i shouldn't say this, but maybe get yourself a travel guitar!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28331
    finest1 said:
    i shouldn't say this, but maybe get yourself a travel guitar!
    A caravan with 6 other people. Lets just say that a guitar is not popular.