SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For sale. Gibson les paul Junior. Possible swap for the right amp.

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 910
edited December 2018 in Guitars £

Comments

• markjmarkj Frets: 910
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bought this last week from GAK. Its a ltd run 2016 junior. Couldn't find another one for sale anywhere else, the ltd run is a bit of a mystery. A quick tweek of the truss rod ( too much relief ) and it plays beautifully. Changed the black knobs for Gibson gold ones. If anybody has got any spare Knob pointers let me know I'll take them of your hands.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7730
    Beautiful burst and sexy case! 
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 366
    I have never really considered a Junior as I really like neck and middle positions but if I came across that one in a store I think I would have to have it, beautiful. Good call on the gold knobs too!
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    The P90 sounds really thick and fat, just what I was after.
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    the pickup is v close to the bridge, does that make it a '54 reissue kind of? looks like a 50s neck joint too. i like it but i don't know why Gibson can't do a modern approximation of the original finish on non-CS models...
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    edited July 2017
    This model is mystery. I also bought one a few months ago and when I asked gak they said it was the same spec as the limited run 2 pick up version but I am not so sure. There is nothing listed on the Gibson site for it. I've looked all over the web for info. It seems similar is available in Japan but I read these particular models were also made for a German dealer but maybe I'll ask Gibson for more info. Love it though it's just what I was looking for. Although it's a dark burst the colours really show through in sunlight. And it's nice it came with a case that fits it perfectly. 

Next to my epiphone 57 reissue

• NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    As a Junior owner, they look lovely, never seen one before.

As they come with a case and are a limited run is it rude to ask how much?
    I paid £945 for mine. I think adamm82 got his for a bit less.
    adamm82 said:
    This model is mystery. I also bought one a few months ago and when I asked gak they said it was the same spec as the limited run 2 pick up version but I am not so sure. There is nothing listed on the Gibson site for it. I've looked all over the web for info. It seems similar is available in Japan but I read these particular models were also made for a German dealer but maybe I'll ask Gibson for more info. Love it though it's just what I was looking for. Although it's a dark burst the colours really show through in sunlight. And it's nice it came with a case that fits it perfectly. 

Next to my epiphone 57 reissue

Let me know if you find anything out.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    edited August 2017
    Anyone know if you can buy those cases, I have been struggling to find a decent Jr case for ages, currently have a Les Paul Standard one with loads of T-Shirts in the bottom of it!

Is it a TKL?
    photek said:
    Anyone know if you can buy those cases, I have been struggling to find a decent Jr case for ages, currently have a Les Paul Standard one with loads of T-Shirts in the bottom of it!

Is it a TKL?
    Can't you just get a Junior case from Spider?
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    Neil said:
    photek said:

Is it a TKL?
    They don't fit, even the one listed as a Jr case is actually for a LP Standard, that is the one I just purchased and have 3 T-shirts under the body to correct the neck angle on the case, its around an inch too deep.
    photek said:
    Neil said:
    photek said:

Is it a TKL?
    They don't fit, even the one listed as a Jr case is actually for a LP Standard, that is the one I just purchased and have 3 T-shirts under the body to correct the neck angle on the case, its around an inch too deep.
    That's unfortunate. I would never have suspected they were wrong.

My one is apparently an ebay special that I got with my Junior and it fits perfectly.
    Would a case for a SG fit?
    edited November 2018
    I bought my Les paul junior at the beginning of last month. Although a great sounding and playing guitar I thought it would benefit from a couple of upgrades. Firstly speaking to Ash at Oilcity pickups he recommended to me an Alnico 2 Nightwatch but overwound slightly. I also ordered a complete new wiring harness with Cts pots and paper in oil cap and switchcraft jack socket, I just couldn't live with the printed circuit board that Gibson use. I also have fitted a new Tonepros aluminium wrapover bridge with locking studs, this has really increased sustain and has made the guitar a lot more resonant and has improved the intonation. The pickup and harness have massively improved the tone. The pickup never sounds shrill like it did before, the alnico 2 magnet really sweetens the treble. And going through a quality amp and using a quality drive pedal and rolling the tone back its getting into thick fat humbucker territory.
    edited September 2017
    Which would you choose? This. Its the work of the devil! to tone in guitars.
    Or this?