AMT Japanese Girl Wah WH-1 is TINY!

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
edited February 2014 in FX
Just come across this... £77 and a bit. Anyone had a hands-on??

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Of all the pedals on my dinky-board this is the one I'll unquestionably keep :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, I got one too, takes a bit of getting used to if you're used to a 'normal' sized wah, but it sounds great, and has 3 tone settings so you can set it how you want.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I got one a few months ago. It replaced my CAE Wah...so my impressions are:
    Positives:
    - Its bloody small
    - It has a great Wah tone (not as good as the CAE i had) but good enough
    - has 3 different voicing

Negatives:
    - Its bloody small...which means the sweep is very small too and takes some getting use to, but if you give it time its fine...its all in the tiny movements

i would say, its the perfect Wah for someone that doesn't use Wah that much and can use the real estate for other pedals. It does the job, and once you get use to the sweep and how very little movement of the pedal yields the best results, then you don't have much issues with it. Also, sounds better at 12v rather than 9v.

However, if you play solo's and use wah a lot, then i would say no...stick with the big ones.
  • I REALLY wanna try one in comparison to my CAE.

I use wah rarely, so would save space, but what I use my wah for is solo's! So the above point is what's putting me off a bit!

I just missed one in the classified's the other week! Gutted!

• I had one briefly, but in the end I've stuck with my CAE. As stated above if you don't use wah that often then it's a great little pedal, but I just couldn't get used to the size/feel of the it. Sounded good though.
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    I can't really see how it saves space in reality. You still need room infront and/or behind for your foot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • my wah currently sits off my board, but would much rather it was on it, easier for transit and saves space on a small stage.

I'd have it sitting right at the bottom corner of my board, with just my buffer above it (this doesn't have a footswitch)

space = saved :)

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    SimonC said:
    I can't really see how it saves space in reality. You still need room infront and/or behind for your foot.
    it does...check out my pedal board...:

that pedal behind the wah would not have fitted if it not for the AMT...and i have more than enough space for my foot overhanging the wah pedal and doesnt make contact with the pedal behind...for reference i have size 11 feet...
  • Certainly smaller than a weeping demon ;)

Sounds pretty good too! I still want a WH10 :(
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72211
    Japanese girls do tend to be tiny ;). [/cheap stereotype with which @Drew_fx may agree, or not :) ]

It is really cool. I always liked the old DOD wah from the 80s which was somewhat similar in design but bigger. It didn't sound like a traditional wah, but it did sound good in its own way.

This one looks like it works on the Morley optical method rather than the DOD capacitive strip one though, if anyone's interested!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Nah it is pretty much true @ICBM ;)

Did anyone see that kerfuffle on The Gear Page about the name? People were all like "OMG! RACIST!"

And as far as I know, they did actually change the products name is subsequent batches. Cray-cray!
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

I found it didn't save me any room on my board, as you still need room for a foot, as has been said.

The best way to operate it (I found) was with it in the middle of your foot.

However I got used to it, and would have kept it were it not for the fact I missed the switchless operation on my Bad Horsie, so bought it back!

• I like small wahs and I have a Plutoneium ChiWahWah which is spuing and switchless as well as having controls for level, contour and gain. Like the AMT, it also takes bit of getting use to as you have to operate it with your heel on the floor. The only thing it can't do is the "half-cocked" sound.